• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
...and look what this genius did in Aspen:

:geek:
I think I understand how it happened.
220px-Colt_45_Malt_Liquor_logo.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
LL is off to a nice start this AM.

View attachment 115800

Well well well this was a nice surprise. Just a few days ago this storm was forecasted to be a dud for the i70 areas. Its even dumping here in Denver.

LL should open a few runs after this. :ogbiggrin:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
OpenSnow forecasted 9" for the past few days. I would be pleasantly surprised if they open more terrain. Im telling them you said they would open more. :)

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
OpenSnow forecasted 9" for the past few days. I would be pleasantly surprised if they open more terrain. Im telling them you said they would open more. :)

Look out for a Richard's run rope drop and then Nix Nox... :ogbiggrin: Lift 6 is a possibility if it keeps dumping.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I would expect Richards today or tomorrow, maybe some directed skiing on Nix. I'd be surprised if this is sufficient to get 6 open. But perhaps will all moving snowmaking equipment over there.

Plan to head up tomorrow. Work just dumped tons on us with this special legislative session for today.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
that would make sense, Would love to see Ptarmigan open. I love that section
I would be very surprised to see Ptarmigan open. I don't expect that one to open until mid Dec at the earliest. Especially since there aren't any more storms predicted over the next ten days.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
yeah, but the only positive thing weather-wise is the return to normal and below normal temps. I agree though, this is starting to look pretty dry. Steamboat is supposed to open on the 1st but if it does, it won't have more than a couple lower runs open. I dont know just how little or how much water they have to blow, but they haven't made snow now in 2 weeks.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I would be very surprised to see Ptarmigan open. I don't expect that one to open until mid Dec at the earliest. Especially since there aren't any more storms predicted over the next ten days.

Yep. Zero chance of that opening any time soon.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The focus should be on getting any extra lift capacity running. 6, Ptarmigan, 9, 4,8....just something to help spread people out.

That is exactly where the focus is. More focus on getting 6 and PT up than--say--opening the steeps.

This would've been the primo year to get the HSQ replacing 6, but that is a season or two out still.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The focus should be on getting any extra lift capacity running. 6, Ptarmigan, 9, 4,8....just something to help spread people out.

It is but they still need enough snow and time to make snow and prep the area.

Looking towards 9 and 4 just a day ago:

IMG_2608.jpeg

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
That is exactly where the focus is. More focus on getting 6 and PT up than--say--opening the steeps.

This would've been the primo year to get the HSQ replacing 6, but that is a season or two out still.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. they need to spread the herd out. too much grazing in one area....

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Not that these would be WROD rippers for anyone but @nay

Hey I just note some general dissatisfaction when the WROD goes variable and slarvy is much more fun than carvy. Decertified turn shapes and whatnot.:wag:

Tomorrow will definitely be low crowds :popcorn:. Even though this will just be groomed. People will go hoping for the one run Richards rope drop.

FB2EF107-AACB-48A7-A135-7A211045C7DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online