• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Back to weather. No strong storms forecasted for the i70 zone for the next 17 days. Yes, that far. So cross fingers that those forecasted dustings (2-3) turn into something more otherwise get used to the man made until late Dec. Yikes!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
As a heads up for those of you still stoking on long lines for massive terrain, the Tuesday system’s origins suggest more impact than the models are predicting (from the north, good energy, but dry).

Of course everybody will be at LL anyway, but still. You can dream.

Edit: read in context of @Ken_R ‘s post.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
When are you guys opening Ron? I was up by Zirkel (Walden area) last week and didn't see much snow. I didn't head over the SB to see what it looked like higher up, but definitely not good snow in Zirkel.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
December 1. No, we don’t have much snow here. We are picking up a couple today buti saw on the news this AM that we are 25% below norm.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Fingers crossed you guys catch a stray storm. I think we are mostly all hurting for snow (except Wolf Creek as always) but it sounds like you guys are really hurting over there.

Reactions: Ron
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting commercials on tv last night.

I can't remember which one, maybe Bombardier or Polaris, has a commercial focused on if you are a skier and trying to access the back country then you need their product. It was a good commercial with video of said skier being towed uphill. Who knows what will happen going forward. Does anyone believe that *if* lift served gets shut down that it won't be a wholesale shutdown? Unless you have your secret spot and know where to go I am thinking it won't be that easy.

Not sure why but Montana is running a commercial here on knowing the current stuff on restrictions and requirements before heading to Montana

Reactions: nay

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Not sure why but Montana is running a commercial here on knowing the current stuff on restrictions and requirements before heading to Montana
because that region has been very slack with any kind of Covid containment. Despite their high mortality rates.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
3" of surprise snow at Breck overnight.

Open terrain expanded on Peak 9 this morning: Beaver Run Superchair begins running and it's the first day for Cashier and Bonanza runs. Heading out in an hour. This Peak 9 progress will help further spread out the skiers on the (now) two open peaks.

Thank God for the excellent snowmaking infrastructure (and high elevation) at Breck.

Status
Not open for further replies.