• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
We're dealing with clear repercussions from all of the great posts about LL we have put up on a public web site over the years...

Once LL opens up much more terrain it will return to normal. I hope. If LL is ruined I cant take that. Just nother thorn in the side from 2020.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That Tue/Wed storm - some models show a decent setup for us, but the EC shows us dry between systems.

Having survived ThanksCOVIDgiving, a day at A-Basin is feeling in the cards this week.

:mask:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I'm relocating to Snowmass/Aspen Monday. Hopefully the crowds will be gone and I'll get some good training in!

Crowds dont make it all the way back there :ogcool: right?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
That Tue/Wed storm - some models show a decent setup for us, but the EC shows us dry between systems.

Having survived ThanksCOVIDgiving, a day at A-Basin is feeling in the cards this week.

:mask:

ThxGiving weekend is not over yet. We will know the aftermath in about 10-15 days. :mask::(

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
Once LL opens up much more terrain it will return to normal. I hope. If LL is ruined I cant take that. Just nother thorn in the side from 2020.
LL can never be ruined. It's too special. This will be 35 years since I first skied LL. I did miss a few years while visiting places like Iraq, Bosnia and Afghanistan, but the missed years were very few.

As soon as Ptarmigan and 6 open it will definitely help relieve pressure off 1 and 2. And once 8 and 9 open there is lots of room to spread out.

There is no other ski mountain that you can get such a huge amount of terrain for such a reasonable price. Money was right as a kid and LL was the only place we could afford. LL will always be special to so many of us.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
LL can never be ruined. It's too special. This will be 35 years since I first skied LL. I did miss a few years while visiting places like Iraq, Bosnia and Afghanistan, but the missed years were very few.

As soon as Ptarmigan and 6 open it will definitely help relieve pressure off 1 and 2. And once 8 and 9 open there is lots of room to spread out.

There is no other ski mountain that you can get such a huge amount of terrain for such a reasonable price. Money was right as a kid and LL was the only place we could afford. LL will always be special to so many of us.
I too am starting to appreciate ski areas more than ski resorts.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I too am starting to appreciate ski areas more than ski resorts.
The big resorts keep driving locals away. Parking at Vail is $30 for 5-8 hours and you still have to drag your gear a fair distance. Beaver Creek is even worse. They are catering to people staying at the resort and making it a challenge for locals looking for value. I'm sure it is far more profitable this way so I get it.

In contrast, it's still free to park at LL, ABasin and Cooper and you are closer to the lifts. If the back bowls of Vail weren't so damn incredible I am positive I would just go with a LL pass and Gems cards for the other ski areas.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The big resorts keep driving locals away. Parking at Vail is $30 for 5-8 hours and you still have to drag your gear a fair distance. Beaver Creek is even worse. They are catering to people staying at the resort and making it a challenge for locals looking for value. I'm sure it is far more profitable this way so I get it.

In contrast, it's still free to park at LL, ABasin and Cooper and you are closer to the lifts. If the back bowls of Vail weren't so damn incredible I am positive I would just go with a LL pass and Gems cards for the other ski areas.

You're calling yourself a local and yet you don't know the Vail parking secrets. ;)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

LL, A-Basin and Cooper are day ski areas not ski resorts, huge difference.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The Lionshead side of Vail was empty until around 11:30. We ran laps on the Avanti lift and had it mostly to ourselves. Mid Vail was much busier so we stayed West.

If you like to go to Vail to mainly Ski that is the place to go.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
steamboat is a bit of hybrid, there are plenty of places to park (if you know the area) and get on the gondi easily. Copper is similar. if you just want to go and ski, you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online