• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nope. I was never really upset. The postholing rattled my nerves a bit. For the most part, though, I was calm and methodical. Through the trees, I could see enough white to believe there was a trail nearby.

I've added that trail to the tour next time you're out here!

My ski lessons this season are 3 hours long. I referred to my most recent one as a "3 hour tour". I think I'll take leave of that phrase for a little while.
Well, at least you can show me the way out.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Better kick Ikon to the curb for $600.

Looks like Al is holding to his word. He kind of put it out there that if you want value you might want to check out the non weekend stuff.

Plus:

If I purchase a pass for the 2021-22 season, does it get me ski/ride access in spring 2021?
No. Your 2021-22 pass is not valid until Fall 2021.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Looks like Al is holding to his word. He kind of put it out there that if you want value you might want to check out the non weekend stuff.

Plus:

If I purchase a pass for the 2021-22 season, does it get me ski/ride access in spring 2021?
No. Your 2021-22 pass is not valid until Fall 2021.

I think I’m going to buy a 4 pack. I haven’t skied more than 4 days at A-Basin in recent seasons anyway.

Honestly, constraining unlimited use passes is the future of a well managed ski area.

I would tee up right now if A-Basin was my home mountain. They are clearly managing to optimize experience across revenue and pay to play for true unlimited use is probably coming back.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Also, the long range models have a good looking cycle next week.

Should I tee up my new 192cm Bent Chetler 120s or are they not mine yet since they are technically a birthday present? Am I in control here? They are In my office staring at me.

C7C31164-39AD-44D5-B3F4-ECBD01140AEA.jpeg

And could I get a set of Shifts mounted at this point even if I wanted to?

:huh:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I think I’m going to buy a 4 pack. I haven’t skied more than 4 days at A-Basin in recent seasons anyway.

Honestly, constraining unlimited use passes is the future of a well managed ski area.

I would tee up right now if A-Basin was my home mountain. They are clearly managing to optimize experience across revenue and pay to play for true unlimited use is probably coming back.

Its obvious and has been for a while that A-Basin does not need to be attached to any of the superpasses. Its close to Denver / Front Range. I mean, they can get stupid and make their pass super expensive and be in need of more skiers but generally A-Basin's location and length of season is so good it will always get plenty of customers.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Should I tee up my new 192cm Bent Chetler 120s or are they not mine yet since they are technically a birthday present? Am I in control here? They are In my office staring at me.

View attachment 130619

U know they will look great on your pics. Go for it.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 130619

You could if you owned a pair. I think you are alluding to availability, though.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sitting out a couple of days to let the temperature drop and the conditions improve at Copper and LL, if they will.
Be careful what you wish for!

Copper was rock hard most of the day today. Sun came out late, and only the bottom 500 vf softened after about 2 pm, otherwise dust on crust West Village to Excellerator. With kiddos so didn't venture beyond.

The wind was working its magic, and it's going to be windy for the next few days. Hopefully good for snow preservation, as the little bit of snow was being redeposited nicely. Made for some good for you skiing, but great to feel the base solidify underneath.

I didn't take pictures until the last couple of runs on Hallelujah. Windblown over icy bumps at the end of the day.

PXL_20210407_212459274.jpg

PXL_20210407_212507833.jpg

PXL_20210407_212607985.jpg

PXL_20210407_212515061.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yesterday was hard as a rock without the fresh. I'm envious. :roflmao:

Hung out with @SkiNurse, @Drahtguy Kevin and @IForgetHisHandle. Very challenging on anything not groomed and even a bit dicey on the groomers. The beers and friends were the best part of the day, but a day skiing beats...

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
No bragging rights at Loveland today either. The fresh was pushed into piles so we could scrape across the hardpack. I did just a few runs and decided to call it. With Phantom on my skis, I have ignored maintenance. I wasn't expecting to need actual edges. :rolleyes:

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Booked a place in Breckenridge for next week, staying roughly middle of town. We'll be there skiing whatever slush/mud is left.

Looks like you're in luck. Maybe no mud and hardly any slush?

Joel Gratz is now forecasting 15" of snow for Breck from Tuesday (4/13) through Saturday (4/17), and no mountain temps above 30 F during that period.

Just MIGHT (fingers crossed) turn out as one of the last real good weeks of this ski season in Summit. If Joel is right, Wednesday looks the best day of the week...

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yesterday was hard as a rock without the fresh. I'm envious. :roflmao:

Hung out with @SkiNurse, @Drahtguy Kevin and @IForgetHisHandle. Very challenging on anything not groomed and even a bit dicey on the groomers. The beers and friends were the best part of the day, but a day skiing beats...
@SBrown asked me yesterday how was skiing. I replied "well, I put on skis and went down something that resembled snow a couple of days ago..."

So good to see you too! Maybe we can get some better turns in next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor