• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2020-2021 Colorado Weather and Stoke (and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In spite of the challenges of this season it turns out it was the 5th best on record.

"Skier visits to U.S. resorts totaled 59 million for the season, the fifth best on record, according to the Colorado-based National Ski Areas Association."

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In spite of the challenges of this season it turns out it was the 5th best on record.

"Skier visits to U.S. resorts totaled 59 million for the season, the fifth best on record, according to the Colorado-based National Ski Areas Association."

Good for the industry......skiing is fun....people like fun.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

Well there’s the half chair capacity / increased skier days we saw this year. Let’s not have that combo again. Ever.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just want to put it out there for those that don't get emails from Breck. Apparently now thru 7/31 is the "early season savings" for lodging at Breck next season.

"Kick your Winter savings up a notch. Book by 7/31 and receive Lodging rates from $139 a night"

I'm sure if you go to Breck's website you can get the details. I know every season there are questions around best pricing.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good news. Verizon will finally work at A-basin!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not I. It's such a pain to meet up with people there.

Hence the mixed feelings. If it weren't for that issue there would be no mix.

You can pretend there is no Verizon service: DND

Yeah, but it's easier to just not actually have service. I do, however, tell people that service is spotty on mountains so I may or may not get a call and thankfully my boss is pretty protective of my time off so it's usually other people being disrespectful pests.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
AT&T seems to still work well now at A Basin also, but, guess fewer get that....

Apologies, but, in ignorance (avoidance, maybe) - at other Front Range & Summit areas - Winter Park, Copper, Breck, Keystone, Loveland, Vail/BC, Eldora, Cooper - do the full cast of smartphone characters (services) work well currently? Sorry, again, I'm just ignorant about it. I do know that for me and a friend, AT&T does not work so much in Frisco. And Verizon and AT&T often do not work well, for some, in the northern part of Silverthorne. ( The Comcast techs there use Verizon, but can't get good reception either, often, I was told. Another friend there, on the other hand, gets Verizon reception fine, she says.)

I've heard that Verizon is generally best in the overall area still, though in Summit it is often spotty too for some (from friends).

(AT&T/via ConsumerCellular seems to be okay at the base of the mountain areas anyway, though not sure about Eldora and Cooper.)

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
I’m wondering if I70 is going to be sorted when the season starts following the glenwood canyon slides.

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester
I know that this closure is a huge inconvenience for a lot of people, but I also just want to mention that I-70 with basically no semis is AMAZING. Front rangers, take this opportunity to drive up to summit with no trucks while you can.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I know that this closure is a huge inconvenience for a lot of people, but I also just want to mention that I-70 with basically no semis is AMAZING. Front rangers, take this opportunity to drive up to summit with no trucks while you can.
Except that the air quality is horrible now, thanks to the CA fires, so not too enthusiastic about outdoor activities in Summit or anywhere close until the wind patterns shift. Hoping the wind direction changes before I-70 is cleared.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m wondering if I70 is going to be sorted when the season starts following the glenwood canyon slides.

At the least, they should have the westbound deck open to two-way traffic. I think. lol. I haven't actually been down there of course, and I am not a traffic engineer (although I used to work for the Transportation Research Board in DC ... in fact I edited this really big article on Glenwood Canyon's construction waaaay back in the day, but I digress), but most of the photos I remember seeing show the worst damage on the eastbound side.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
At the least, they should have the westbound deck open to two-way traffic. I think. lol. I haven't actually been down there of course, and I am not a traffic engineer (although I used to work for the Transportation Research Board in DC ... in fact I edited this really big article on Glenwood Canyon's construction waaaay back in the day, but I digress), but most of the photos I remember seeing show the worst damage on the eastbound side.

I though the same, but didn’t sleep in a Holiday Inn Expreas so my assessment should totally be questioned. Traffic sucked last season between construction and out of staters (whose states shall not be named). Was hoping for an improvement or at least on par with 2 seasons ago. Hit Targhee to try to get away from the Front Range mess and it was stupid busy too. Lot filled up so quick they were turning people away, which has never happened. Victor and Driggs are exploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.