• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2020-2021 Mammoth/June Mt Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Purchased 21-22 Ikon yesterday. How does it work getting the temp spring pass from Mammoth?

We’ll be up this weekend, Fri-Mon. And there’s almost a foot of snow in the forecast! So much for “spring” skiing. :snow::ogbiggrin:
View attachment 131859
We should meet up for some laps if you want- after the initial feeding frenzy. If not, I get it - no friends on a powder day.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We are on our way up to Mammoth right now we plan to ski through Wednesday. We will park at the Mill every day.
Hi @Pat AKA mustski, absolutely! We’ll be skiing Sun & Mon, hopefully mostly on the upper chairs that are open (3, 5, 23). Look for me as my avatar pic, prob skiing with my wife & a couple friends. I’ll try to text as well.

Friday was pretty nice. Bright & sunny, low winds & a bit crusty in the morning, but softening throughout the day. 3 & 5 were skiing great. Quality spring skiing.

Today (Sat) the winds picked up as the storm is moving in and lifts were on wind hold/closing throughout the morning & afternoon. I got stuck at Main lodge as Broadway, then Unbound both closed, took the shuttle to Mill & rode Goldrush once, then it closed and everyone piled into stump alley and it just wasn’t worth it (prob 30-40 min or longer wait :geek:) so we just headed back to wait for the storm tomorrow!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi @Pat AKA mustski, absolutely! We’ll be skiing Sun & Mon, hopefully mostly on the upper chairs that are open (3, 5, 23). Look for me as my avatar pic, prob skiing with my wife & a couple friends. I’ll try to text as well.

Friday was pretty nice. Bright & sunny, low winds & a bit crusty in the morning, but softening throughout the day. 3 & 5 were skiing great. Quality spring skiing.

Today (Sat) the winds picked up as the storm is moving in and lifts were on wind hold/closing throughout the morning & afternoon. I got stuck at Main lodge as Broadway, then Unbound both closed, took the shuttle to Mill & rode Goldrush once, then it closed and everyone piled into stump alley and it just wasn’t worth it (prob 30-40 min or longer wait :geek:) so we just headed back to wait for the storm tomorrow!
Unfortunately, chair 5 doesn't run on weekdays either..

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We can still ski the area around chair 5; you just have to know the way there. For sure, let’s meet up tomorrow! We prefer to base out of the mill so will try for early tomorrow!

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The winds were crazy all night and still really high gusts. Hopefully they get open.

Even though they have opened up some lifts, we are skipping today. I’m not much one for poor visibility and high wind.

Last edited:

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today was a bit crazy, but fun. It snowed most of the day, so just about everywhere was powder & ice, which made for an adventure, but it got better throughout the day. One turn soft, the next one rock hard! Staying in & around trees helped with both the wind and visibility. Hopefully, it’ll snow more tonight, but any snow is going to get skied off pretty quickly, so get there early tomorrow, because it might turn into an ice rink later (high of 25F/-4C)!

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, this storm under delivered as so many have this season. We’ll get out there tomorrow for sure but I won’t need the powder boards. Sorry to miss you today. I’m getting wimpy in my old age- I draw the line on high wind days.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The skiing was fantastic but the lower mountain had good visibility and horrible lines. Even 3 was too foggy for me as I do suffer from vertigo. The conditions were great everywhere though. We left early because the lines were just too much. Retirement has spoiled me I guess. @Larry are you joining us in the Promised Land next year?

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
We
The skiing was fantastic but the lower mountain had good visibility and horrible lines. Even 3 was too foggy for me as I do suffer from vertigo. The conditions were great everywhere though. We left early because the lines were just too much. Retirement has spoiled me I guess. @Larry are you joining us in the Promised Land next year?
Weather looks even better tomorrow. I'm reupped IKON so I plan on skiing much more next year

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
About 1 o'clock Monday, the sun kinda came out, the wind stopped (ok, well, slowed down at least) and the gondola opened to the top and then 23 opened up too, so there was fresh to be had for the next hour or so up top! It was fantastic to have powder turns in late April!

Also, a funny (at least to me) story. On Sunday morning when it was essentially a "light" blizzard and we were getting on the 3 lift, an older woman behind us in line & dressed in mostly pink said to the liftie in a loud voice, "I came here from Canada for California sunshine and warm weather! Where are my slushy bumps?!" then we were on the lift and didn't here any more! :roflmao:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
About 1 o'clock Monday, the sun kinda came out, the wind stopped (ok, well, slowed down at least) and the gondola opened to the top and then 23 opened up too, so there was fresh to be had for the next hour or so up top! It was fantastic to have powder turns in late April!

Also, a funny (at least to me) story. On Sunday morning when it was essentially a "light" blizzard and we were getting on the 3 lift, an older woman behind us in line & dressed in mostly pink said to the liftie in a loud voice, "I came here from Canada for California sunshine and warm weather! Where are my slushy bumps?!" then we were on the lift and didn't here any more! :roflmao:
Spring is back starting tomorrow. I cant get there until the weekend but then again I'm a spring type skier. I just wish they'd open up chair 5 other then for the weekend

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
9-2, at least 3 pee breaks for me. TMI
More information than we need.
Today near quitting time at Alpine meadows I met a bearded guy at the top of Summit Chair.
He was shaking his head saying he skied Mammoth today and should have stayed there !
AM snow was getting soggy at 1pm. He was on way to Mt Bachelor.

I should make Mammoth the 3rd or 4th week of March.Tied up till then.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I should make Mammoth the 3rd or 4th week of March.Tied up till then.

Just a hunch ..... with only two days left, you might not make it! :ogbiggrin:

Heading to Mammoth in 9 days, taking my (relatively) young pup with me - any recos for good afternoon walks/hikes that are off-leash?

Status
Not open for further replies.