• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020-2021 Mid-Atlantic Resorts, Conditions, Weather, and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

Early October seems like a good time to start the new thread. Ski season is coming quickly, and I for one, and remaining optimistic that it will be great!

The biggest news is probably that Timberline will be open with all new lifts.... I hope to get out there a few times personally. Perhaps there will be a Mid-A Gathering there?

And of course, I'm wondering how most places will deal with crowds, indoor spaces, and lift tickets.

Let's just hope that it's cold... the snow guns work... we get some real snow... and everyone has a great and safe season!

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
And of course, I'm wondering how most places will deal with crowds, indoor spaces, and lift tickets.

On that note, Mountainside are doing a swap this weekend. Pre-swap dropoff ONLY (no day-of drop-off). Reserved time block for shopping with restricted numbers. Kinda like an REI member sale except with online reservation.

Buckmans are doing their tent sale next week:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
On that note, Mountainside are doing a swap this weekend. Pre-swap dropoff ONLY (no day-of drop-off). Reserved time block for shopping with restricted numbers. Kinda like an REI member sale except with online reservation.

Buckmans are doing their tent sale next week:

Not familiar with this shops 7 locations are any near the NJ State Line? I may want to put some equipment in the tent sale, and I'm guessing that they offer store credit not cash.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh... so that's why i got the sudden urge to start this thread. I didn't realize I had Siri control. :ogbiggrin:

Shirley, you can't be serious about changing your name to Siri.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier

Not only is a reserved time block required for shopping, it is also required for dropping off equipment. I will be working the swap all day Saturday and Sunday.

It will be a totally different swap experience this year, and hopefully everyone stays safe and healthy!

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Alpine Ski Shop's swap is October 24-25, 2020. Timberline's Ski Patrol is helping out again this year.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Alpine Ski Shop's swap is October 24-25, 2020. Timberline's Ski Patrol is helping out again this year.
The Alpine Ski Shop by Boone and Blowing Rock is also having a swap about that time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Be careful what you ask for. One of the sweetest ski resorts around Blowing Rock ended up shutting down the lifts over a dispute with the town board over golf course vs ski resort property use disputes. I'm still pretty pissed about that more than 10 years after the lifts stopped spinning.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
There's the Laurel Valley Golf Club, Ligonier Country Club, and the Rolling Rock Club has a private golf course. All are near Laurel Mountain. There is no Laurel Hill Golf Club that I know of but I'm not a golfer.
Not a golfer ether but I have a friend from HS that has said something about a Laurel Hill Club. Above @dbostedo has said there is but not near the ski area. Thanks to both of you guys.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The first forecast overnight temps in the 30's for Northern Virginia have finally shown up.... two weeks away so accuracy is suspect, but still.... winter is coming!

1602335172361.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor