• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020-2021 Mid-Atlantic Resorts, Conditions, Weather, and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsrider427

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sugar was fun today...low number of skiers and boarders. Obviously with temperatures changing vastly from morning to afternoon equals snow changing. Started morning on Head Supershape e-speed at lunch changed to Völkl RaceTigers SL for the afternoon. Legs were shot by 2pm...sitting at the condo at Sugar Ski and CC a top of Oma's Meadow recovering....LOL

Sounds like a great day, wish I could have made it.

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wish I'd seen this yesterday. Had I known Sugar was open today I'd have left Georgia and headed there today! Wow, so glad they are opening. The only one that planned on opening Friday as of last weekend was Appalachian and then pulled the plug on the Friday opening, but I'm gonna head there tomorrow anyhow and apply for a volunteer mountain host position for the winter. See if they can use me during the week since I work weekends. So looking at everything, Cataloochee is closest to where I am now so guess I'll head there tomorrow and then hope I can still apply at Appalachian on Monday since you have to go in person to apply. I went with the Ikon Pass so I can ski snow shoe in WV and I was hoping to meet up with @KingGrump and Mrs. Grump at Statton too and Taos. VT has a quarantine and test requirement but will let you quarantine at home, but still makes it far more difficult. West Virginia seems okay so far if we don't shut down the country.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wish I'd seen this yesterday. Had I known Sugar was open today I'd have left Georgia and headed there today! Wow, so glad they are opening. The only one that planned on opening Friday as of last weekend was Appalachian and then pulled the plug on the Friday opening, but I'm gonna head there tomorrow anyhow and apply for a volunteer mountain host position for the winter. See if they can use me during the week since I work weekends. So looking at everything, Cataloochee is closest to where I am now so guess I'll head there tomorrow and then hope I can still apply at Appalachian on Monday since you have to go in person to apply. I went with the Ikon Pass so I can ski snow shoe in WV and I was hoping to meet up with @KingGrump and Mrs. Grump at Statton too and Taos. VT has a quarantine and test requirement but will let you quarantine at home, but still makes it far more difficult. West Virginia seems okay so far if we don't shut down the country.
Maybe you can convince @KingGrump to come to Snowshoe... I hear he's been dying to ski it! :ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was a Mountain Host at App last season. Great folks there. Lots of fun helping kids especially. Conditions at Sugar today were surprisingly good. I hit zero rocks. Tomorrow morning should be good.

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
I was a Mountain Host at App last season. Great folks there. Lots of fun helping kids especially. Conditions at Sugar today were surprisingly good. I hit zero rocks. Tomorrow morning should be good.
Dr. Mark...sorry I missed you... be back up there next week!

Dr. Mark

Getting off the lift
Skier
It was indeed a sweet morning at Sugar. A bit loud and scratchy the first hour then after the sun worked on it, like creamed corn. Sugar has made material improvements in the off season. You'll see, loading and unloading.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It was indeed a sweet morning at Sugar. A bit loud and scratchy the first hour then after the sun worked on it, like creamed corn. Sugar has made material improvements in the off season. You'll see, loading and unloading.
Conveyer belts at the bullwheels of the 6'r?

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well hit Cataloochee today cause I was closest to it. Went for a few hours this early afternoon. Planned on only skiing two hours, stayed almost 4 cause I was having such fun. It was sure nice to have skis on my feet. The conditions at Cataloochee were surprising good for first day also. As the hill shaded over in the afternoon it just got better where it was cooling and what a beautiful day. I didn't even take the time to bring my camera/phone to the hill I was just in a hurry to get skiing. Snapped a shot as we were leaving. Wasn't busy and every body wore masks! No indoor services open yet. IMG_3960.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looking like my kid and ski buddy might be doing spring semester of his freshman year University of Oklahoma remote back here at home. If that plays out we'll probably head up MLK Monday if it's still open to the public. Possibly another day here or there..

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking like my kid and ski buddy might be doing spring semester of his freshman year University of Oklahoma remote back here at home. If that plays out we'll probably head up MLK Monday if it's still open to the public. Possibly another day here or there..
I’m gonna have to dislike that. This is no way to go through college. That extra time at home with them sure is nice though. Surreal, but nice.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Kathy and I had hoped to do at least a month long rental somewhere in ski country this season for an audition for a retirement home mountain.
Quoting from the TM thread... thinking about staying in the Mid-A, or going north or west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online