• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020-2021 Mid-Atlantic Resorts, Conditions, Weather, and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
We were thinking about somewhere in New England. Vermont or New Hampshire is on our initial list but Maine might be an option given my son has relocated to Rangeley, Maine. Really we were just in a "thinking about it" frame of mind but the pandemic ended all serious thought of doing so this winter. There is a lot of research to do before we actually decide anything.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Snow Miser is HERE and blowing cold for several days. Game on later this week here in North Kakalaki.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowshoe is tentatively opening on Friday... per the website:

20.21 WINTER SEASON DATES
Opening day has been moved to Friday, December 4th*

*Weather and circumstances permitting

They're making snow like crazy right now. The Boat House and Ballhooter cam:

1606851333437.png

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We were thinking about somewhere in New England. Vermont or New Hampshire is on our initial list but Maine might be an option given my son has relocated to Rangeley, Maine. Really we were just in a "thinking about it" frame of mind but the pandemic ended all serious thought of doing so this winter. There is a lot of research to do before we actually decide anything.
You are going to need a second lifetime to scout it all out! But Rangeley is a pretty neat place in a low key sort of way with a bunch of lakes and tremendous scenery. I know you'd love the resurrected Saddleback ski area with the great glades they have. That area is quite remote and could still offer some relative bargains in the way of seasonal rentals or even vacation condos/houses. And it's not too far from Sugarloaf for more variety.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Don’t weayah any Stillers or Penguins geayah up theyah. That is Jason country. Only black and gold is Bruins black and yellow. :ogbiggrin:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@Lady_Salina and Old Boot! Head's Up
Appalachian is having their $5 lift tickets anniversary special this weekend. Online reservations are required. I booked Sunday with a ticket pick up time of 12:15. Hoping the limited capacity means easier parking and shorter lines even mid day like that. That way I leave the house around 8:30am I should be there by then.

1606914897849.png

Lift Blog

Getting on the lift
Industry Insider
@Lady_Salina and Old Boot! Head's Up
Appalachian is having their $5 lift tickets anniversary special this weekend. Online reservations are required. I booked Sunday with a ticket pick up time of 12:15. Hoping the limited capacity means easier parking and shorter lines even mid day like that. That way I leave the house around 8:30am I should be there by then.

View attachment 116579
I guess 5+1 = 7 in North Carolina.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Another head's up about the Appalachian advanced online reservations and ticket purchasing. I received two separate emails confirming the purchase amount and date of the transaction. However, NEITHER of then confirms the ski day or ticket pick up time slot I reserved. If I hadn't written it down I'd be screwed! I contacted them and they said they are trying to address those issues with the generated emails now, but as long as I know what time slot I selected and arrive there with the purchase receipt I'll be fine.

Gonna be a shitshow full of people who don't remember what time and assumed the email content would have it there for them. Oh boy LOL!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Elvis has left the building. :ogcool:
Oh ya I saw her posting photos from Panama a couple days ago. Hay carumba! Oh well. I'll be there skiing a couple hours 1-3ish.. if anyone's in the neighborhood. Now posting phots from Killington. You there too?

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh ya I saw her posting photos from Panama a couple days ago. Hay carumba! Oh well. I'll be there skiing a couple hours 1-3ish.. if anyone's in the neighborhooder

Never knew they had evergreens in Panama. Global warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online