• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2020/2021 Poconos (and Greater Area) -- Conditions, Resorts, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Wendy, thanks for the intel on Montage...if I had known about everything they did, I would have made a trip or two up there. They certainly didn't seem to advertise all that you found. Definitely will keep it in mind for next year.
I did 5 days at Jack Frost, simply because I could get there early and get a parking spot slopeside, that combined with the loadable RFID card made it super easy.

I was thinking about going out today to either Camelback or Elk, but since Elk is shut down for the week and Camelback had the lift accident yesterday, I'm glad I chose to instead get a jump on things I need to do around the house this spring.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blue says they will probably continue with advance ticket sales and reservations if you don't have a season pass. Probably just a way to increase season pass sales. I fell for that this year with an Epic Pass. Not falling for that again.
They are continuing with reservations because it made it easy for them re: staffing. If they know how many people to expect on a given day, they can have staff available. Then they’re not paying people to sit around when it’s not busy. It’s a pain for the skier, I know. The nice thing about their season pass, unlike the Epic pass used at JF, is that Blue has a passholder’s line at the lifts. On busy days, I was able to get through in just a few minutes as they gave that line “priority boarding.” Unless one is planning trips, IMO, a local Epic pass isn’t worth it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Joe is correct, Hillary wasn’t there. It was taken in the fall at the pre season party
Yeah, Hills confirmed on FB she wasn't there. Tell Joey we said Hi next time you see him. Thats not the bar Trip Ruvane owns correct? I think he has Barley Creek.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
They are continuing with reservations because it made it easy for them re: staffing. If they know how many people to expect on a given day, they can have staff available. Then they’re not paying people to sit around when it’s not busy. It’s a pain for the skier, I know. The nice thing about their season pass, unlike the Epic pass used at JF, is that Blue has a passholder’s line at the lifts. On busy days, I was able to get through in just a few minutes as they gave that line “priority boarding.” Unless one is planning trips, IMO, a local Epic pass isn’t worth it.

I just don't like their pricing if you wait till the last minute to reserve. Not paying over $100 to ski Blue on a Wednesday. Reservations are fine of they go back to $50-60 for a midweek ticket.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
I just don't like their pricing if you wait till the last minute to reserve. Not paying over $100 to ski Blue on a Wednesday. Reservations are fine of they go back to $50-60 for a midweek ticket.
I miss their Sunday night special. I hit that up frequently for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.