• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Gore Opened Saturday
I went to day. not too bad for a WROD. Snowboarders skinned it by noon but then playing in the piles they pushed was fun. We need a storm.
Guns on all over the Mt. Just the Quad (Adirondack Express) running to the saddle then Showcase back to base

1607391285502.png

1607391217687.png

1607391181990.png

1607391257252.png

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Gore Opened Saturday
I went to day. not too bad for a WROD. Snowboarders skinned it by noon but then playing in the piles they pushed was fun. We need a storm.
Guns on all over the Mt. Just the Quad (Adirondack Express) running to the saddle then Showcase back to base

View attachment 117067

View attachment 117064

View attachment 117063

View attachment 117065
[Mel was really into the dampness of her Renoun Z90s until she discovered that it was really just all those stickers that were doing the trick.]

Apologies to Cyrus!

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
[Mel was really into the dampness of her Renoun Z90s until she discovered that it was really just all those stickers that were doing the trick.]

Apologies to Cyrus!

And you haven't seen my helmet< LOL all the stickers on it I probably don't need a chin strap to keep it on my head..
And No one will take my stuff 'by mistake'

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Day Two at Gore- Much better- except they didn't blow snow on the couple of waterfalls on Showcase that are down to the dirt?!! (typical Gore)
Sunway now open: with guns blasting, but not spraying us. ski down to quick silver that was messy. Surprise was North side open with Tahawus and Sleeping Bear both really nice, the old slow North lift was welcomed today, the wind was howling on the Quad. Still Not too busy.
View looking North From Tahawus.

1607642794421.png

1607642968130.png

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
It looks like the Catskills might get a good amount of snow from this storm. Just out of curiosity I checked to see about lift tickets for Fri, Sat or Sunday. Unsurprisingly Hunter is completely sold out. Windham is Sold out for Sat/Sun, Bellayre's ticketing system is down but I suspect the same. Plattekill was showing 9 tickets left for opening day on Saturday and availability for Sunday.
Anyone planning on being in the midst of the madness?

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ugh. Not I. Maybe sneak up for a weekday after the feeding frenzy.

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
As of today Bellayre, Gore and Whiteface(Ski 3) have suspended weekend and peak day lift ticket sales. You can still get tickets for weekdays but all the weekends are all blocked out. I don't know if they're actually sold out just trying to stop a run on all the weekend tickets. I hope it's the latter and more tickets will be released after the holidays.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
^^ ORDA Limited sales because of State Occupancy Guidelines. Season Pass holders and pre-buys are the only ones that can go. They said keep checking the site if they can increase occupancy they will. I think they'll open more weekends after the holiday.

I went to Gore today it was pretty good. All Packed powder, got slick in spots from the skidders but the piles were nice. Still Some thin spots, PIA gravel, tailings scattered about especially at the lifts. Guns were on all over the Mt. Everything was groomed. Wishing this weather event was snow not liquid. Pray for snow, why can't weather men be wrong in our favor?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
^^ ORDA Limited sales because of State Occupancy Guidelines. Season Pass holders and pre-buys are the only ones that can go. They said keep checking the site if they can increase occupancy they will. I think they'll open more weekends after the holiday.

I went to Gore today it was pretty good. All Packed powder, got slick in spots from the skidders but the piles were nice. Still Some thin spots, PIA gravel, tailings scattered about especially at the lifts. Guns were on all over the Mt. Everything was groomed. Wishing this weather event was snow not liquid. Pray for snow, why can't weather men be wrong in our favor?
Rumor on social media is pass sales are way up this season which doesn't surprise me with VT pretty much closed for business. I'm not holding my breath for weekend ticket availability.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
For Belleayre, Sk3 cards can't load weekend tickets, only season pass holders now. I know a lot of families are in a jam right now because their kids with season pass can't ski anymore because ski schools aren't opened, parents themselves don't ski or can't afford adult season passes. I really thought ORDA will come up with an agreeable solution but it looks like this season is a wash for many.

James

Out There
Instructor
I went to Gore today it was pretty good.

1607642794421-png.117297

Pretty.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Way to finish out 2020. What could possibly be next?

Dear Belleayre Friends and Family,

After a tremendous amount of rain and high winds, which has severely impacted our ability to operate in the current environment, The Christmas storm has dumped over 6.5 inches of rain on Belleayre.

This morning, supersaturated snow from the Yahoo trail let loose and slid into the Overlook Lodge. The lodge sustained significant damage, with windows and doors broken. No injuries have been reported.

The mountain will remain closed for the 26th of December as we are unable to provide a safe environment for our guests. The operations team is working diligently to manage the current situation and help the mountain recover quickly as we head into the rest of the holiday week.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Lets get this year over with...

Way to finish out 2020. What could possibly be next?

Dear Belleayre Friends and Family,

After a tremendous amount of rain and high winds, which has severely impacted our ability to operate in the current environment, The Christmas storm has dumped over 6.5 inches of rain on Belleayre.

This morning, supersaturated snow from the Yahoo trail let loose and slid into the Overlook Lodge. The lodge sustained significant damage, with windows and doors broken. No injuries have been reported.

The mountain will remain closed for the 26th of December as we are unable to provide a safe environment for our guests. The operations team is working diligently to manage the current situation and help the mountain recover quickly as we head into the rest of the holiday week.

bell slide.JPG

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Ogg and other Belleayre skiers, the workaround is to get a 3 day ticket beginning on Friday before the weekend you want to go. Race camp supposedly starts the 27th but who knows what shape everything will be in. 7 inches of rain is a lot of rain and barely any snow in the forecast. They should build a luge track.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Ogg and other Belleayre skiers, the workaround is to get a 3 day ticket beginning on Friday before the weekend you want to go. Race camp supposedly starts the 27th but who knows what shape everything will be in. 7 inches of rain is a lot of rain and barely any snow in the forecast. They should build a luge track.
Thanks for the tip I just tried it on the Gore site and it looks like it works there too. :cool: Now we just need a few feet of snow.:doh:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Ogg even one foot of snow would help .....:doh:
Definitely true but It's a long drive(3 hr) for me to even get to the Catskills so I wan't it to be worthwhile. In a normal year I probably wouldn't even be considering skiing in NY but I would like to get some turns in this season wherever I can. A foot of natural with a long stretch of cold weather so they can keeps the guns on would help tremendously but would still probably be disappointing for the amount of travel.