• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2020-2021 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Afternoon at DP today - 1:30pm-4pm.

Started out with zero visibility at the upper mountain, but eventually cleared later in the afternoon. Lower mountain laps till it cleared.

Not the powder day like squaw here. But snow in great condition. Soft. Grippy. Even the bumps were fun to launch off of as they landings were all stoft. Hero snow for sure.

Upper mountain at 1:30pm.
There's a lake there somewhere...:roflmao:
PXL_20201226_225557901-01.jpeg

Later in the afternoon-
PXL_20201226_234110607-01.jpeg

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
At Sierra today. Colder and overcast most of the day, but visibility never got to be an issue.

Coverage all over the mountain is looking very good. West Bowl groomers were skiing nice and the bump runs (Clipper & Horsetail) were mellow.

Clipper has minimal green tips out now. Another foot of snow and they should all be gone. Easy small bumps so far.
PXL_20201227_182718409-01.jpeg

Castle was well covered top to bottom. I don't think I saw a single rock top to bottom. You can't tell but the pic, but big bumps on this one today.
PXL_20201227_212240549-01.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am planning being at Sqauw tomorrow if anyone is going to be around.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
KW-WU1212820.jpg

Would be a serious taboo to celebrate on something so far out but at least ought give us a smile on this chilly Monday. Note the nicely cold temps. https://www.wunderground.com
In any case, will believe it when I see it.

3.0 +5.2 +4.7 +15.5 +11.2 +11.8 = 51.4 inches of snow by 1/6/2021

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Rose was skiing really well this morning with 3-4" of fresh, light snow. On the other hand, Rose wasn't SEEING really well this morning. The top of the mountain was socked in and then it started moving down. Not a lot fun skiing by braille, though the snow was good enough to make a few extra laps. I did fall (tipped over?) for the first time this season. A little vertigo while moving slowly and PLOP! down I went. I did get some first tracks and even though the run was short and not steep, it was fun.
20201228_084940.jpg

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How is the blackout working and crowds (or lack of crowds?)
I was surprised how many people were here today, though not enough to make long lines. Again, poor visibility may have played into that. Both the Weekday+Sunday and Base Pass were blacked out leaving only the Premier and whatever they're selling "at the window".

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Rose was skiing really well this morning with 3-4" of fresh, light snow. On the other hand, Rose wasn't SEEING really well this morning. The top of the mountain was socked in and then it started moving down. Not a lot fun skiing by braille, though the snow was good enough to make a few extra laps. I did fall (tipped over?) for the first time this season. A little vertigo while moving slowly and PLOP! down I went. I did get some first tracks and even though the run was short and not steep, it was fun.
View attachment 119252
I'd be nervous while taking that pic that someone was going to come from behind and zip past me and ruin that nice perfect blanket!!

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was surprised how many people were here today, though not enough to make long lines. Again, poor visibility may have played into that. Both the Weekday+Sunday and Base Pass were blacked out leaving only the Premier and whatever they're selling "at the window".

My friend was out there and sent me pictures of the parking lot and lines... looked like nothing to me! I was so jealous. He tried out -- and loved -- his new Liberty v82s.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will be coaching on coin-op, stop to say hi if you are passing...
Didn't see you, then with the rolling clouds we coudn't see much of anything.... but darn the snow was nice.

Crowds weren't bad at Squaw, and lift line management was being handled quite well. Employees reminding people to cover moutn and nose with face covering. We were asked if we minded riding the lift (6 pack) with a single, which we did.
To finish the day we skied a few runs off Squaw Creek.
Super nice snow up high but scraped off a bit down near the lift.
B4CFA200-8171-4274-BD25-312D5CA31B71.JPG

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
View attachment 118924

Just began snowing about Tahoe region 12/25/20 2:30pm Christmas day. KW above now has Cornice Cam back online. May everyone and your families have a safe and Merry Christmas.
lines were way better than what I experienced on december 22-23. I had never seen so many people at Kirkwood with >10min lines at chair 5. They were asking me to join someone else in a 3 persons lift... I did not feel confortable so I just did few laps on chair 5 and 10 and left super early.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMHO the shorter wait lines of the holidays is two fold. First Covid but second and more imprtantly, the vast majority of the skiers didn't step up to full passes and are blacked out over the holiday week. Today at Squaw was no busier than the average mid week day after a 3" dump.

Last edited:
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd be nervous while taking that pic that someone was going to come from behind and zip past me and ruin that nice perfect blanket!!
I could see way up the cat track and was checking. Ready to drop my phone if I had to!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Andy, like stopping to take a picture first before skiing down such smooth soft low gradient slopes like that. Then at bottom stop a second time to photo the result! So somewhat landscape dependent one needs to figure out a fall line looking down where a view back up works. As a smiling energetic lightweight creature, such pristine canvasses are where I can record my fun without Big Elmo's embarrassing crater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online