• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2020-2021 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And I believe the only way to ski school is the tram. Or do they do that at that tiny little lift on the way in?

Depends on the level. They gather by the funi, but the ways they get up the mountain is varied because they go in all different directions. Not sure what the Squaw Kids do.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
At the bottom and at the top! Mt. Rose. Screenshot_20201025-102159_Chrome.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does Mt. Rose have an opening day announced?
They usually try for a late October pass-holders-only WROD right?
No, they will not be opening until they can open from top to bottom.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It did look like Rose has light coverage from the top down Kit Carson. That's from a distance and through rose colored goggles.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And I believe the only way to ski school is the tram. Or do they do that at that tiny little lift on the way in?
No, a lot of the beginner terrain is at High Camp, but they do have a carpet and small chair (its where we skied opening day a couple years ago) for a beginner area.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mask policy
When we came back from hiking Tamarack trail across from Mt Rose yesterday we stopped at Slide Side to see if there was any action.
This is what the digital sign says.
View attachment 113296

View attachment 113297
That would seem to have the tacit option of riding with others. It doesn't say you can ONLY ride alone or with your group.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That would seem to have the tacit option of riding with others. It doesn't say you can ONLY ride alone or with your group.
Total guess here... but maybe they're planning to have it be one person on each end of the quad, whether in the same group or not... then you can ask to ride alone, or with more than one other person if it's just your group. That would make the sign make sense. (Assuming that's a quad or larger lift.)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah. I am a little surprised, but I think that if people are wearing masks and you are out in the open, I would be fine with riding 3 on a 4 seater or 4 on a 6 seater.
Personally, I'm thinking 2 on a 4, or 3 on a 6... 3 on a 4 still puts 2 people right next to each other (depending on the seat and how it feels to sit dead center - I've been on some where that's uncomfortable).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To anyone who skis Mt Rose. Ask yourself this...How often do you ride a full 6 pack?
I think it will be pretty easy to just ride with your party or with others you know and bump into on the mountain.

I can totally see us (@Philpug @Andy Mink and I) riding alone or with the handful of people we know and bump into.
Heck, we know and ski with enough people we could easily fill a couple six packs

Status
Not open for further replies.