• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2020-2021 Utah Resorts, Weather, Conditions and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty sure we'll be at Alta on Saturday. Might be a poor decision crowd-wise, but at this point, the chance to get another day in is more tempting. Besides, biking will be a no-go for several days because the trails even at 5000 are snow covered with a LOT of snow!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Possibly the best pow day of April at Snowbird today, Apr 14, 2021. Seemed like about one foot+ new snow. It was heavy and got heavier as the day went on. But any snow is good snow at this time. There was about 6" new when I got there at 945am and there was about 8" more on my car when I left at 2pm.
Not sure i'd agree here ! April 6 at Snowbird with @Jim Kenney , my first UT day was damn nice with 10 inches overnight.
Back in tahoe now after 6 days in UT. But not sking for a week due to sis from E Oregon visiting.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Really excellent day today 4/15/21 at Snowbird. One of the better combination days for good snow and low crowds esp early and late.
These people wore me out:hail:
15 apr group.jpg
I may post a few more photos later.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really excellent day today 4/15/21 at Snowbird. One of the better combination days for good snow and low crowds esp early and late.
These people wore me out:hail:
View attachment 131387
I may post a few more photos later.
I let Brandt know you were up with a bigger group the past few days. Riding Zoom I saw the red helmet-blue jacket and pink helmet and told him I thought I recognized from your previous days pics.
Brandt then pointed to the Green jacket charging downhill and said that guy looks 30, it’s Jim. Brandt calls it like he sees it :)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
New snow and low vis all day at the Bird today. Started with couple braille laps on the Peruvian. Moved to Gad II for the rest of the day. Good snow and much improved visibility in the trees there.

Once more unto the breach. Dropping into Banana Gully for the umpteenth time.
PXL_20210415_210933991 (3).jpg

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
So who are the premier ski tune shops in Salt Lake, Sandy area?

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I met my friend Brandt at Snowbird on Thursday and found soft turns all day.
Mrsjmills received a bionic arm in November and has been cleared by her doctor to ski.
Her first day of the season will be Sunday 4/18 with a plan to ski Alta.

Brandt at Snowbird 4/15

1AABB584-6318-40D8-B892-15B374D0412B.jpeg ACAB4A7A-FFA9-4064-A16F-E0A47DC33E7E.jpeg A56B932B-8B0D-4E8A-935E-9475E0BE3F21.jpeg 270F9438-40DB-41F8-BB4D-F238A04E5C1E.jpeg C4AEDAB6-5730-452A-972F-C46EE9A39894.jpeg
This was not the best run of the day.
FCE57F4F-058A-4FB6-827B-D28CAE52BD49.jpeg

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So who are the premier ski tune shops in Salt Lake, Sandy area?

Sports Den on Foothill Boulevard (SLC proper) is a fantastic shop with great folks doing the tunes and all the latest techno wizardry gadgets. Local racers use their services.

The Lifthouse at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon is also a top notch tuning shop - again, great racing pedigree here, they know what they're doing.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Please put some of that POW on ice for us so we have some when we get to Snowbird mid-May ;)

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For future trips/dates just find out when/where @KingGrump is going to be.......his reports (as with @Jim Kenney) are always pure unadulterated stoke. They seem to always have incredible conditions....and look like they are having a hell of a lot of fun!

Thank you for the stoke.....

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here are a few more photos from Apr 15, 2021 at Snowbird. Good times with the Grumps!
Mamie skiing exit gully from Black Forest.
15 apr b m.jpg
Carl in the trees beside STH
15 apr carl sth trees.jpg
Bruce is smooth, smooth, smooth in the bumps
apr 14 b bumps.jpg
Local guy Brian showed me some nice stashes next to Peruvian chair.
15 apr brian.jpg

PS: I got an indescribable feeling meeting the @KingGrump 's upon their arrival in Utah - joy, relief, life affirming - that things are almost back to normal. If they come to your town you will be blessed:wave:

Attachments

• apr 14 bm banana gully.jpg
    apr 14 bm banana gully.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Alta, Saturday or Sunday...Saturday or Sunday...Saturday or Sunday...
I have no idea how to anticipate crowds, with all the other resorts closed.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think my son and I will be at Alta on Sunday for the end of the season Frank event, but not sure if they will even do that this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.