• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cool i figured as much being so close to the city. My sister lived in dumbo 20 years ago and it could be an interesting walk from the subway at night. Could be interesting in a different way now.

People seem to be a little edgy these days, looking forward to skiing and chilling out.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
My sister lived in dumbo 20 years ago

Dumbo was a scary place 20 years ago. We don't even like driving through there in daylight.
Many places in Brooklyn was like that. When things hit rock bottom, there is no place to go other than up.

Hoboken used to be shitsville, but now it has been transformed into a desirable place. Close to NYC and tons of great bars. Fun place.

DId lots of work in Hoboken in the early '90s. That place was jumping even back then. Haven't been through there in like 25 years.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dumbo was a scary place 20 years ago. We don't even like driving through there in daylight.
Many places in Brooklyn was like that. When things hit rock bottom, there is no place to go other than up.

DId lots of work in Hoboken in the early '90s. That place was jumping even back then. Haven't been through there in like 25 years.

Hoboken was jumping in the mid to late 80’s. College era hangout at times for my old crew.

RodneyBD

Hatfield made rain for L.A.
Skier
Anyone heard anything on Magic's black chair coming online in time for Christmas week? After so many delays and issues they have lately been pretty circumspect about start date.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hoboken used to be shitsville, but now it has been transformed into a desirable place. Close to NYC and tons of great bars. Fun place.

Until a year and a half ago, I spent a significant portion of my off-duty time in Hoboken. My fiancee lived there for ten years. Despite being in NJ, it's actually a really good place to live. It's very dense and neighborhoody. Lots of wall street folks that take the Ferry or PATH trains to Lower Manhattan side by side with old men sitting on the stoop or playing dominoes at their club while yelling at soccer games in Spanish or Italian. It's got its own dining/bar scene, but leans a bit young for us, so we just as often would eat and drink in Manhattan. It's a pretty good place to be a skier, as long as you're willing to get up early. I used to schlep my skis and boot bags on the 126 bus to Port Authority to catch the weekday buses to Windham, Hunter, or Mt Snow. On those rare Catskill powder days, half the bus was full of skis and snowboards. Hoboken also has a good sized ski club running weekenders to VT and flying trips further afield.

James

Out There
Instructor
My friend lived in Hoboken in the late 2000’s. I remember visiting him once. Maybe it was a Thursday night, but could’ve been weekend. He’s like “Oh, you’ll be here for the party vans.” The what??
There were these vans full of girls dressed up to go bar hopping. They’d be all over the sidewalks. It was an interesting phenomenon.

My brother lived there in the late 80’s/early 90’s. It was a bit rough, and not good if you had school age kids as the schools were terrible. Otherwise, like Manhattan, it was in many ways a more interesting place then despite being much more of a pit.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do the Epic NH resorts plan on opening sometime this winter? Vail marketing is frustrating. At least Cannon is stating their plan

James

Out There
Instructor
Sugarbush pushes opening to 12/10
Makes sense to open during the week to control the insanity. Presumably they’ll have from wed night to blow snow. At least during nights.
When is Stowe re-opening?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Makes sense to open during the week to control the insanity. Presumably they’ll have from wed night to blow snow. At least during nights.
When is Stowe re-opening?

I am hearing Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.