• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sunday River fired up the guns for real last night, hitting both the upper-Locke early season pod (T2, Upper Punch, Jim's Whim and, I assume, Jungle Road), the top of Right Stuff, and the upper portion of Lights Out (stopping at the Aurora intersection). Impressive display, especially if the temps stay cool enough for more this week.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Looks like they will stay cold. I wonder who else will pull the trigger.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sunday River fired up the guns for real last night, hitting both the upper-Locke early season pod (T2, Upper Punch, Jim's Whim and, I assume, Jungle Road), the top of Right Stuff, and the upper portion of Lights Out (stopping at the Aurora intersection). Impressive display, especially if the temps stay cool enough for more this week.
Are they still aiming to open nov 1 or did the warm weather delay this?

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Are they still aiming to open nov 1 or did the warm weather delay this?
I would guess that the big question now is the ability to get snow to the bottom. In a pre-pandemic world, I'd have said Nov. 1 shouldn't be a problem, but they've committed to opening TTB. Even so, if they get a low enough wet bulb to rub the number of guns they had last night, it shouldn't take long to get a lot of terrain covered.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's that time of the year. Killington should be open right about now but for Covid

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's that time of the year. Killington should be open right about now but for Covid
Killington will open Nov. 14th so that they can more terrain open to spread people out

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
You are right but not in October - another three weeks of therapy

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't think so. Friday is looking good. Not going to happen. I don't think that I could have made down and back on the stairs.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I've been over the need to ski in November or on WROD's for a long time. With all of the uncertainty regarding covid this year I haven't even really started jones-ing yet. With possible holiday travel to see family in Pennsylvania, I don't see getting on snow before January this year.

Are Killington and Sunday River going the "reservations" route as well?

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've been over the need to ski in November or on WROD's for a long time. With all of the uncertainty regarding covid this year I haven't even really started jones-ing yet. With possible holiday travel to see family in Pennsylvania, I don't see getting on snow before January this year.

Are Killington and Sunday River going the "reservations" route as well?

Sunday River has consistently stated that they have no plans to require reservations. I wouldn't call it true WROD skiing with things open TTB on more than one trail, but I'd be very nervous if I were in charge of guessing Ikon turnout, should they manage to open a couple of weekends before Killington.

Reactions: RJS

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I see no reason not to expect to be skiing the day after Thanksgiving or earlier at Wachusett.

Status
Not open for further replies.