• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I see no reason not to expect to be skiing the day after Thanksgiving or earlier at Wachusett.
I do...they sold out on season passes and there are no day tickets available near as I can tell from their web site.

Luckily my Epic pass arrived last week! :)

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I bought my pass a long time ago. Also Epic NE pass.

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Buying my Epic pass tomorrow, seems as though it is the only way to get on the slopes without dealing with online reservation waiting rooms.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
Sitting at the base of Magic right now...was hoping for 6" so we could hike up and ski the low angle, grassy trails today but the storm fizzled a bit. Maybe 2" on the ground at 1,370' elevation. Bought the Indy Pass add-on to my Magic Pass so I'm definitely going to try to hit Cannon this year. Also have an Epic Military Pass (unlimited) so going to also try to hit Crotched and Sunapee; places I haven't been since the late 70s.

James

Out There
Instructor
Next week is not good. 50’s. Week after that looks like 40’s. Maybe you blow snow at the top and push it down later.

CE007D3A-70E2-4F5A-B2F9-1A633CD7198E.jpeg

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just rec'd this email from K-ton

The season is right around the corner, and we can’t wait for the Longest Season in the East to get started. Over a month ago we sent out our Winter Operations Plan and although we included a lot of detail, we still had some unanswered questions that we will address today. You will find high-level information below and we encourage you to click the links to our website for all the details.

Our continued goal is to ensure the wellbeing of all, and an important part of Operation Stay Safe is managing the number of people on property at any given time. Doing so will enable appropriate physical distancing so that you may stay safe and have a great, fun-filled Killington Resort experience.

Parking reservations are an important part of us ensuring all at the resort are able to appropriately physically distance. The parking reservation system will be in place every day of the season and parking spaces must be reserved before arriving to the resort to ensure availability. Starting Thursday, November 5, at 10:00 a.m. you can book up to seven advance days throughout the season. Once the season begins, you will also be able to book an unlimited number of days in the immediate rolling 7-day window. As your advance days fall into the rolling 7-day window, you can book additional advance days, only reserving up to seven at any given time. See more details and examples to better explain how it works here.

We will continue to ask guests to treat your car like a base lodge and, if you can, boot up at your car. After further consideration and feedback from you – our core guests – we understand that for some access to the lodge to put boots on in the morning is needed. We will allow guests to boot up in a lodge (if building capacity allows); however, bags cannot be left in the lodge and bag check will be moved to a new location that can be accessed at the end of the day from outside.

Although we announced our anticipated opening dates at Killington and Pico this date continues to be dependent on having top-to-bottom skiing and riding with access to multiple base area lifts. If Mother Nature does not allow us to achieve this, we will delay our opening date. From Opening Day through Sunday, November 22, access to the mountain will be reserved for Killington Season Passholders and Ikon guests only. Express Card Holders, day tickets, buddy passes, vouchers etc. will be accepted starting Monday, November 23, and will be on-sale beginning Friday, November 6. Per state of Vermont guidance, guests can travel to Vermont only from approved counties on the Vermont Travel map or need to quarantine for 14 days prior to their arrival. This travel map is updated on a weekly basis, every Tuesday and we expect this policy to be in place throughout the season.

For more information about what to expect this season, visit 20/21 Winter Operations. As a reminder, these plans are subject to change once the state of Vermont issues and approves ski resort restart guidance. We look forward to a great, fun-filled ski and ride season.

As I stated in my last update, while there is always a competition to open first, we believe winning this year means all of us doing our part to put into place thoughtful plans and follow guidelines and best practices to keep one another safe, so that we may enjoy a full season of skiing and riding. I trust our commitment to continuing our candid communication gives you confidence in our plans for the upcoming season. I know everyone is continuing to adapt in their own way and I wanted to make sure you know how we continue to adjust. 

If you still have questions we haven’t answered yet, please submit them here. 

I look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Mike Solimano
President & General Manager

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Sitting at the base of Magic right now...was hoping for 6" so we could hike up and ski the low angle, grassy trails today but the storm fizzled a bit. Maybe 2" on the ground at 1,370' elevation. Bought the Indy Pass add-on to my Magic Pass so I'm definitely going to try to hit Cannon this year. Also have an Epic Military Pass (unlimited) so going to also try to hit Crotched and Sunapee; places I haven't been since the late 70s.
I have only ever skied Crotched at night because they often operate 'til the wee hours , but Sunapee is one of my favorites. If you are wanting to get the most out of your Epic pass make sure to hit Wildcat. Now that I have my pass I plan on being there every week,

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
Just rec'd this email from K-ton

The season is right around the corner, and we can’t wait for the Longest Season in the East to get started. Over a month ago we sent out our Winter Operations Plan and although we included a lot of detail, we still had some unanswered questions that we will address today. You will find high-level information below and we encourage you to click the links to our website for all the details.

Our continued goal is to ensure the wellbeing of all, and an important part of Operation Stay Safe is managing the number of people on property at any given time. Doing so will enable appropriate physical distancing so that you may stay safe and have a great, fun-filled Killington Resort experience.

Parking reservations are an important part of us ensuring all at the resort are able to appropriately physically distance. The parking reservation system will be in place every day of the season and parking spaces must be reserved before arriving to the resort to ensure availability. Starting Thursday, November 5, at 10:00 a.m. you can book up to seven advance days throughout the season. Once the season begins, you will also be able to book an unlimited number of days in the immediate rolling 7-day window. As your advance days fall into the rolling 7-day window, you can book additional advance days, only reserving up to seven at any given time. See more details and examples to better explain how it works here.

We will continue to ask guests to treat your car like a base lodge and, if you can, boot up at your car. After further consideration and feedback from you – our core guests – we understand that for some access to the lodge to put boots on in the morning is needed. We will allow guests to boot up in a lodge (if building capacity allows); however, bags cannot be left in the lodge and bag check will be moved to a new location that can be accessed at the end of the day from outside.

Although we announced our anticipated opening dates at Killington and Pico this date continues to be dependent on having top-to-bottom skiing and riding with access to multiple base area lifts. If Mother Nature does not allow us to achieve this, we will delay our opening date. From Opening Day through Sunday, November 22, access to the mountain will be reserved for Killington Season Passholders and Ikon guests only. Express Card Holders, day tickets, buddy passes, vouchers etc. will be accepted starting Monday, November 23, and will be on-sale beginning Friday, November 6. Per state of Vermont guidance, guests can travel to Vermont only from approved counties on the Vermont Travel map or need to quarantine for 14 days prior to their arrival. This travel map is updated on a weekly basis, every Tuesday and we expect this policy to be in place throughout the season.

For more information about what to expect this season, visit 20/21 Winter Operations. As a reminder, these plans are subject to change once the state of Vermont issues and approves ski resort restart guidance. We look forward to a great, fun-filled ski and ride season.

As I stated in my last update, while there is always a competition to open first, we believe winning this year means all of us doing our part to put into place thoughtful plans and follow guidelines and best practices to keep one another safe, so that we may enjoy a full season of skiing and riding. I trust our commitment to continuing our candid communication gives you confidence in our plans for the upcoming season. I know everyone is continuing to adapt in their own way and I wanted to make sure you know how we continue to adjust. 

If you still have questions we haven’t answered yet, please submit them here. 

I look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Mike Solimano
President & General Manager

Good lord, I hope this is not the new normal at my regular slopes. I am not booting up at the car unless they crack the whip, and I pack a lunch and water . I don't eat chicken fingers or hamburgers.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good lord, I hope this is not the new normal at my regular slopes. I am not booting up at the car unless they crack the whip, and I pack a lunch and water
One good thing about Wildcat is the parking situation is one of the better ones in terms of proximity to lifts for car booting up.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Vermonters who live 5 m from a ski area might just have empty slopes and a incredible season. Flatlanders could be rare birds. If we only owned a slope side condo...

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You don't even need slopeside, the Killington video on their parking reservation system says that the Rutland Bus and the base area shuttles, which include the on-mountain condos have access to the slopes without a reservation. But you better have a season pass for easy access.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Vermonters who live 5 m from a ski area might just have empty slopes and a incredible season. Flatlanders could be rare birds. If we only owned a slope side condo...
This is quite likely. Weekdays could be low volume. Pico could be fun too.

Our county, Rensselaer Co in NY is close to Vt and not too far from Killington. We have been meeting the minimum Covid requirement until last week. In theory, we must get tested and quarantine for 14 days... what ever that means. Meanwhile NY just announced a serious Covid requirement for New Yorkers returning home from out of state.

I have the express pass and it looks like I will miss half the season (November 23). Reserving parking is going to suck.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm in on this thread. Just bought a last minute Cannon in state military pass to go along with my Epic in case things get wierd(er). I hope they keep the bars and B.S. closed and just keep it simple and safe. I've got a cooler and I've got a thermos just blow snow and spin a couple lift please.

James

Out There
Instructor
In theory, we must get tested and quarantine for 14 days... what ever that means.
It’s 14 day quarantine or 7 days plus a negative test.
You can also quarantine at home if you’re driving rather than using public transportation.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
This is quite likely. Weekdays could be low volume. Pico could be fun too.

Our county, Rensselaer Co in NY is close to Vt and not too far from Killington. We have been meeting the minimum Covid requirement until last week. In theory, we must get tested and quarantine for 14 days... what ever that means. Meanwhile NY just announced a serious Covid requirement for New Yorkers returning home from out of state.

I have the express pass and it looks like I will miss half the season (November 23). Reserving parking is going to suck.

I'm also NY (Fulton Co) I think we are exempt from testing if we are coming from a bordering state via car -From NYS:
Overview

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well. The new protocol is effective Wednesday, November 4.
For any traveler to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:

• For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
    • Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state.
    • The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
    • On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
  • For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
    • The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
    • However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Local health departments will validate tests, if necessary, and if a test comes back positive, will issue isolation orders and initiate contact tracing. The local health department must make contact with the state the traveler came from, to ensure contact tracing proceeds there as well. All travelers must continue to fill out our traveler form upon arrival into New York State to contribute to New York State’s robust contact tracing program.

The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out of state, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.

For general inquires contact the call the Hotline: 1-888-364-3065 or Ask a Question.
To file a report of an individual failing to adhere to the quarantine pursuant to the travel guidelines click here or call 1-833-789-0470.
Individuals may also contact their local department of health.

MORE- Looks like the Form is only if you FLY Into NYS- OR DO ONLINE- How they are monitoring is another question that hasn't been answered
Traveler Health Form

A travel enforcement operation will commence at airports across the state to help ensure travelers are following the state's travel restrictions. As part of the enforcement operation, enforcement teams will be stationed at airports statewide to meet arriving aircrafts at gates and greet disembarking passengers to request proof of completion of the State Department of Health traveler form, which is being distributed to passengers by airlines prior to, and upon boarding or disembarking flights to New York State.
All out-of-state travelers must complete the form upon entering New York. Travelers who leave the airport without completing the form will be subject to a $2,000 fine and may be brought to a hearing and ordered to complete mandatory quarantine. Travelers coming to New York through other means of transport, including trains and cars, must fill out the form online.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
So I have to complete the traveler form? I will be in a car. Will the form be online. This isn't too bad.

But going to Vt - our county is above the magic 400. Will I be allowed to go to Vt? Looks like a 14 day quarintine plus a test. Is that what you see. I would be going to Vt and back every time I ski Killington. Don't see how that could work.

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry, I'm not too good at instructions and following directions.

"Depending on how you travel to Vermont you may be able to quarantine in your home state before coming to Vermont.

Quarantining Before Coming IS an Option

If you plan to travel to Vermont in a personal vehicle (including a rental vehicle or private plane), you may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative PCR test in your home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions. Continue to quarantine until you travel to Vermont.

When you travel to Vermont, only stop when necessary (like for fuel, food or rest). When you stop, wear a face mask or covering, keep a 6-foot distance from others and wash your hands often. Stay home and do not travel if you are sick."

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I work at home (in Mass) and my wife does all the grocery shopping. If I avoid going out to socialize or eat or going to a store, I am always quarantining at home. So I basically can travel to VT whenever I want to by car. Chalk up another plus for working from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online