• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier
Ontario new lockdown is shutting down ski areas again. Some ski resorts had this confirmed today. Lockdown takes effect at midnight; Blue Mountain has decided to spin until midnight.

Here is the other definite list of closures across the East from Labrador to the Manitoba all the way down to Alabama.

Eastern Closing Thread 2021 – Depressing? – Part 1

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I skied there this morning for 2 hours. It wasn't half bad, after a while there were just a few too many people who shouldn't be on the Blue trails that were open, but nothing green was open.

Last Thursday/Friday was awful, pure ice, this was much better, they plowed a ton of snow from the park onto that picture you posted. Making a nice way down. Going through the park.

Massachusetts ski season continues at Wachusett, at least for the weekend.

The web-cams look pretty sad: https://www.wachusett.com/The-Mountain/Media-Center/Web-Cams.aspx

A screen-grab from this morning:
View attachment 130148

I don't know if I should laugh, cry or both. "White Ribbon of Death" takes on new meaning here.

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like it’s going to be crowded tmrw based on the 2hr wait time for takeout at one local pizza place. Standard mid winter time. I think the surface will be mid winter frozen granular. Okemo closes Sunday. Not due to snow but a chairlift construction project.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Wow, really early for Okemo.

I think Stowe will make the 18th. Snow was decent today, probably 8" over the last two days, but a lot of people on not many trails as we are now closing lifts and have lost a lot of trails from last week's meltdown.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Stowe was schizophrenic today. I think it was all about sun angle. Some trails creamy, others rock hard porcelain and it wasn't what you'd expect. Centerline bumps were really nice (top of mountain) while Gulch much lower down was pretty treacherous. Nosedive turns were scary icy. Woods are generally kaput.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone ski Loon today (Sat)?? I am thinking about going tomorrow, had the family Easter dinner a day early due to scheduling conflicts, so hoping to catch another good spring day before the end.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
It looked good on Wednesday.
Anyone ski Loon today (Sat)?? I am thinking about going tomorrow, had the family Easter dinner a day early due to scheduling conflicts, so hoping to catch another good spring day before the end.

James

Out There
Instructor
it's been a long time since I've seen Chief without B-net
Saw a red fox once trying to get across the trail and through gap in the B netting. This was during the day from the lift.
93C7390D-1B72-4849-9E73-59B0C2A9B94E.jpeg
2653781D-0E7A-4B0B-9C3B-FF657FE6242D.jpeg
Stellar spring day for the slalom skis. Not crowded at all. Surprising. We actually had someone take a beginner adult snowboard lesson at 1pm. Apparently against recommendation, after they were meeting friends to go to the top on last chair.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
We actually had someone take a beginner adult snowboard lesson at 1pm. Apparently against recommendation, after they were meeting friends to go to the top on last chair.
Hopefully there's not a car left in the parking lot tonight.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Saw a red fox once trying to get across the trail and through gap in the B netting.
I saw either a pine marten or a fisher at Saddleback Friday. (Looked exactly like a weasel or a mink, but much bigger. Size of a small fox with very short legs. "Frosted" face.) Need to go research. I may never know because it was a brief look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online