• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2020/21 Northeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
I saw either a pine marten or a fisher at Saddleback Friday. (Looked exactly like a weasel or a mink, but much bigger. Size of a small fox with very short legs. "Frosted" face.) Need to go research. I may never know because it was a brief look.
Those Fischer Kings are basically serial killers. Couple years ago some people I know in VT who had a bunch of chickens, maybe a dozen, had them almost all wiped out in one night by one of those.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Do you mean Fisher Cats?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Do you mean Fisher Cats?
Yes, but that's a folk name.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw either a pine marten or a fisher at Saddleback Friday. (Looked exactly like a weasel or a mink, but much bigger. Size of a small fox with very short legs. "Frosted" face.) Need to go research. I may never know because it was a brief look.
If it was that big, probably a Fisher. Martens are pretty small.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If it was that big, probably a Fisher. Martens are pretty small.
Right. I have never knowingly seen a marten. I have seen fisher twice. This animal was definitely smaller than one of the fishers. Then again female fishers are much smaller than males. Confusingly, in searching images, the large majority that have the "frosted" face markings that I saw clearly are marten. The question is, can I trust my sense of size? Dunno.

James

Out There
Instructor
Skiing this morning. Open 9-12 for employees and dependents only. Two lifts. Lots of fun. Great snow. Big wind gusts at times. Wondered if the lift would stop.

97466EA5-6D03-4729-861F-A82AAB4078B2.jpeg This was actually last run yesterday, 4:07pm, headed down in uniform. The end of the end of the 2020-21 season and ski school. I never thought we’d make it this late. It’s great people were able to get out and kids could do something outside all day.

6C6F0EFB-AED7-4D63-8FB1-7A3B495B73D2.jpeg
Another sunny one today. Surprisingly chilly early with the wind.

12C27B4E-1FA3-4A32-AF6E-0BF2ACAEF857.jpeg

4355CB1F-5B63-440C-82FC-923F9318C99A.jpeg
At the top. Still plenty of snow.

C4E7C246-54BF-438C-A747-42C275E07C5D.jpeg
02B504EC-A500-4867-9637-6753ADDDE0AE.jpeg
Half pipe is still in very good shape though smaller. We hiked back up for one last run.
It’s a wrap on lift served. Great way to end the season.

Last edited:

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It looked good on Wednesday.
I was there Thursday plenty of snow left

Loon Mtn looked good on Sunday as well. Snow making trails were in good shape. A bit frozen in the morning and then nice and soft by mid day. Sunny and a really good day of skiing. Sunday was the last day for the South Peak area, the blacks at South Peak had lots of bare spots, so its time has come. Rode the Gondi with no line and the North Peak quad was running with no line. North Peak had good snow and a lot of the blue cruisers were in good shape (such as Picked Rock). Skied with my wife and it was a nice mellow day.

IMG_20210404_114214499.jpg
IMG_20210404_135405116.jpg IMG_20210404_120752710.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I feel like on more day is in our future. Our kids have moved on to full time weekend sports at home though.

It tempting to just book a trip to Taos or wherever. Not that it mattered that much to me before but my wife and i stumbled across some jnj jansen.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I am going to Saddleback for the first time on Saturday, I know its most an ideal time to go but looking forward to it.
Use your eyes to scope out some of the terrain you're not going to get to ski. ;)

P.S. If it's a nice day I may join you.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Some nice spring skiing in Stowe today with @Mike Thomas . I'm gonna try and get out earlier tomorrow. It was super gloppy by lunchtime. They did finally open Liftline and National around lunchtime though, and those were nice. Lines were pretty much non-existent for once.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got my cooties shots and will be at Killington tomorrow and Sunday if anybody will be around and wants to meet up for a few runs.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got my cooties shots and will be at Killington tomorrow and Sunday if anybody will be around and wants to meet up for a few runs.

Robin and I are heading up tomorrow morning. Expect to be at hill around noon. We are fully vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor