• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020/21 Steamboat Ski with a Pug thread

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
For anyone coming to the Boat this winter, I am again offering unofficial guides and meet-ups. I take no responsibility for your safety and Im not an employee of Alterra or Steamboat Resorts. I am not an instructor nor official guide. Get the drift? :). That said, this is a different season and I am really careful as to not get Covid. I am happy to ski with anyone wearing a mask and is not sick or has sick kids.

Steamboat has done a fantastic job of providing a safe environment and is updating their site with rules and precautions for the lifts and Gondi. Please check with this link regularly, especially as the season gets rolling for updates to the policies.

I have a pretty good record of skiing with Pugs on powder days! Please ensure you can ski powder :).

363ACC8F-2459-43A5-9494-354C923CF466_1_201_a.jpeg

19A2A084-9224-4849-A148-80837C367020_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
We are planning our guys’ trip there for late February. My son has applied for a job there so if he gets one and is there for the winter I may be there more than once :)

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Assuming the Aspen Gathering happens for me, I am planning a road trip to include Steamboat. That'd be great to have you as a guide.

Shamora may join me for Steamboat part. If we drive together from the PNW, she can fly home from Hayden (non-stop to SEA). Or if I start out at Aspen, she can fly in to Hayden.

Are conditions likely to be better in late February, or is the second week of March typically as good?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Assuming the Aspen Gathering happens for me, I am planning a road trip to include Steamboat. That'd be great to have you as a guide.

Shamora may join me for Steamboat part. If we drive together from the PNW, she can fly home from Hayden (non-stop to SEA). Or if I start out at Aspen, she can fly in to Hayden.

Are conditions likely to be better in late February, or is the second week of March typically as good?

oh magic 8 ball.... :). well, it really all depends. We can get big storms in March. its colder later Feb. Our weather has been wonky for several years and I dont see that changing.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@David Chaus I would say that past the second week, it does tend to turn into more spring skiing conditions. not sure that helps you

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I am ashamed to say I don’t recall but would love to meet you again ogsmile

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Jackson, IIRC, 2015. Possibly other Gatherings.

Sponsor