• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020/21 Steamboat Ski with a Pug thread

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Powder Cats looks to be booking only private runs at $7200 with max of 6 guests.

I don't blame them, and things are fluid right now as their site states this, and given what's known makes sense. Seems they're the ones taking the bulk of the risk.

I think sadly I'll be skipping Steamboat this year, do only local as Covid just tosses a big wrench of unknown into the mix. Maybe I'll get a spring trip in ..

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Just finished up a week at Steamboat. Had a great week on our annual guys’ trip. We had everything from powder to sunshine and even some spring like conditions. I skied several mornings with @Ron and had a great time. Although I have skied at Steamboat more times than I can remember he still showed me some new stuff. He is truly a great unpaid ambassador.
Until next time, hopefully when we can fully socialize :beercheer:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just finished up a week at Steamboat. Had a great week on our annual guys’ trip. We had everything from powder to sunshine and even some spring like conditions. I skied several mornings with @Ron and had a great time. Although I have skied at Steamboat more times than I can remember he still showed me some new stuff. He is truly a great unpaid ambassador.
Until next time, hopefully when we can fully socialize :beercheer:
While we were at Steamboat a few weeks ago we popped in to Rendevous to check on DR but seemed to miss him every time. Next time, eh?

Glad you had a good time. Ron is an incredible ambassador.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
you are very kind @Jwrags we had some fun turns this week for sure and I look forward to next year or maybe this summer for some Gravel miles? Safe travels

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m just back from a trip to Bachelor, and now getting ready to fly to Steamboat Sunday. I’ll be staying in Granby at first and have reservations for Winter Park Monday 3/22, Tuesday 3/23 and Wed 3/24.

I’ll move over to Steamboat for Thursday 3/25, Friday 3/26 and Saturday 3/27, and possibly the morning of Sunday 3/28 before I catch my flight back to Seattle.

So, anyone who wants to meet up and guide me around a bit, please let me know. @Ron , @Bruuuce?

Also, please advise on skis. I’ll be bringing my Renoun Z90’s, and I have the option of my ON3P Woodsman 102’s or ON3P Billy Goat (116). I’m sure either would work in case there is another big dump of snow, though the BillyGoats are more pivot-y and the Woodsman more directional.

Thanks

Reactions: Ron

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
David, if you have any interest in making some turns at WP/MJ with David and me, check PM.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Just got back from Florida and checked in. Yeah, @David Chaus I'd be up for hooking up for a few turns. I could meet Thursday or Friday. I'll DM you with my contact info. Maybe I'll even see @Ron for the first time this year!