• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Armada Invictus 99Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Stephen: This ski is all business. It's like the Tracer's older brother who got it together right out of high school. It absolutely handled everything like a champ. If I needed a ski that was strictly for days that I spend chasing some of the expert members of the Pugski team, this could be it. The problem is, all work and no play makes Invictus a dull ski for me. I thought it was a great ski, just not one for me.

Insider tip: Don’t let Armada’s chill vibe fool you into thinking it doesn’t make some serious skis.​

Drahtguy Kevin: The Invictus likes to run but does have a top end. The ski felt stable on and off piste and especially liked carving and bumps. Armada did a fantastic job prepping their offerings.

Insider tip: Skied true to size.​
Ron: The Invictus 99Ti is a fun ski when not driven too hard; the tip is a little soft and gets pushed around somewhat in leftover ankle-high, cut-up snow. On the groomed it is very good when skied centered and the tips aren't pressured. A solid ski, it's damp but not powerful, with decent edge-to-edge speed, and it drifts well: it can hold a carved turn but is just as fine breaking the tails as needed. It lacks good snow feel, but that's a minor gripe.

Insider tip: Armada ain't just for parks, folks!​

Who is it for?
Skiers looking to fill the ~100mm spot in their quiver with an easy-to-ski arrow. Intermediates and advanced intermediates who are on the lighter side or don't ski very hard. Many 60/40 skiers will really enjoy this one.
Who is it not for?
Bigger skiers looking to ski fast. Hard chargers or bigger folks.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications