• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Armada Tracer 108

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Andy Mink: My quick notes for this ski say, "YES! YES! YES!" Where the Tracer 98s tended to sink a bit in the choppy powder at Mammoth, these had enough additional width to keep me on or near the top. They are very easy to turn in heavier powder like we encountered that day. I felt these stepped my meager powder experience up several notches. In the piles they didn’t feel hooky as they either went over, through, or around -- skier’s choice.

As with the Tracer 98, the Adaptive Mesh technology provides a smooth ride all over the hill. On the skier-packed groomers going back to the lift, these skis had no problem going edge to edge and holding a carve. The ski is easy to control, and choosing the turn shape is effortless. I still wouldn’t consider a 108 ski as a daily driver, but this one comes awfully close to making me think about it.

Insider tip: Don’t let the width deter you from cutting up some corduroy.​

Stephen: Armada's Tracer 108 was my favorite of the day. It made me smile while I was on it and made me want to ski more. I feel like Armada nailed it with the improved construction. It is strong enough to bust through the crud while keeping a very bright, playful feeling -- I would even say it felt a bit nimble. I have a feeling it will be in my quiver soon.

Insider tip: Just a hunch but there is a chance I'll have a Long-Term Review on this ski in the future.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Someone wanting a fun ski that can still get the job done.
Who is it not for?
Those needing a hard-charging, solid-all-the-way ski.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
  3. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men