• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Armada Victa 87Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
AmyPJ: The Victa 87 is a really nice ski that has been on my radar. It has Titanal in it (two sheets, I believe), which makes it very damp and smooth yet still extremely easy to turn. I found that I could ski it in a very centered stance, where it would pivot and swivel beneath me and never miss a beat in any condition. I wish I had taken another run on this ski as I don’t think I got entirely dialed in on it.

Tricia: Its roots have been deep in the park and big-mountain skiing world since Armada's beginning, but it was time to develop an all-mountain ski that still has the soul of Armada. Which brings us the Victa: I was blown away by this ski. It turns quickly, holds an edge on hard pack, and rips through the moguls without a second thought. This Armada for grown-ups made me feel like a kid again.

Insider tip: Just ski!​
elemmac: More damp than playful, soft but not floppy, easy to ski but not for the faint of heart. This ski likes to be driven rather than pushed. Truly a fantastic all-mountain ski. I could see it handling everything from East Coast ice to some light powder days with ease.

These are the skis I started the day on. Conditions varied from firm, frozen groomers at the top of the mountain to soft corn at the bottom. After about an hour, the top of the mountain softened up and there were soft top-to-bottom runs. And I can confidently say I had a good time on every single run. The skis seemed to hit their prime performance when the snow was soft, but still smooth.

Insider tip: This is the type of ski that you can ski all day, every day and never get bored.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Someone looking for a good carver with a freeride soul.
Who is it not for?
Boring Betty.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls