• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Atomic Vantage 90 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: These new Vantages are indeed all new, from their clean, understated graphics to the mesh construction with perimeter weighting. I really like the smooth solid feel that these give, light yet with responsive power … a connected "pop" off the snow. I know there are some contradictions in those thoughts, but that's how they feel: they have a solid pop, and they are playfully stable. The new Vantages are the happily married jumbo shrimp of skis.

Insider tip: Don’t overthink the ski, just enjoy the ride.​

Ron: I thought this Ti version was overly stiff and a beast. On the hard pack, I had difficulty getting the tips to engage and the ski felt vague and planky. The tail is equally stiff and lacked subtlety. I found some loose snow along the edges, and on short-radius turns in the piles, it seemed more at home, but it still took a lot of coaxing to get it to respond to input. I spoke to another reviewer who skied it in one of the back bowls and felt it was much happier in chunder and crud than on piste.

Insider tip: Eat your Wheaties.​

Drahtguy Kevin: A new design of a personal favorite, the 2019 is much lighter and a bit stiffer than previous offerings. Some snow feel was lost in the new build, but the ski is much stronger during the turn. The 90 Ti is a nice one-ski quiver on the narrower end.

Insider tip: Mount an AT binder and experience the backcountry.​

Who is it for?
You are looking for a powerful 90ish ski with an off-piste bias. This may be a great off-piste and crud ski for Clydesdales.
Who is it not for?
The finesse skier; but no worries, Atomic offers the same 90mm mold without the metal for a bit lighter ski. Lighter skiers may find this ski difficult to work.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Off Piste
  3. Trees
Segment