• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Blizzard Bushwacker

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Welcome back, Bushwacker. For those who remember, this nonmetal version of the Brahma actually predated the Brahma, but it was removed from the line a few years ago because the Brahma was outselling it and shops were not stocking both. It was a shame because dropping the Bushwacker left a big hole in the line, and skiers who weren’t big or strong enough for the Brahma had to go elsewhere. Not only is the Bushwacker back in spirit, it is back with an all new shape as the Brahma Ca.

Insider tip: Even without metal, this is no compromise. In fact, more skiers should consider this over the regular one.​

UGASkiDawg: I’ve had a love/hate relationship with the Blizzard Flipcore skis since the original generation. I couldn’t stand the Bonafide: no matter what, I couldn’t make it behave in a civilized fashion. I couldn’t understand why people liked it. I demoed the regular Brahma for a couple runs last year and thought it was much better than the Bonafide but still couldn't understand why anyone would choose it over, say, the Head Monster 88, which I felt was better in every condition (especially when sized down for my finesse style). The new Brahma Ca is better for me, but I still find something off-putting about the way it skis. I could buy it and learn to like it, as I have with many skis over the years, but I still don’t get this series.

Who is it for?
Good skiers on the finesse side of the scale. Skiers looking for a playful main course with a side of serious off-piste-oriented all-mountain ski, especially if you’ve liked previous Flipcore skis.
Who is it not for?
Ego-driven skiers who must have metal.
Skier ability
  1. Beginner/Novice
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste