• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Fischer RC4 The Curv GT

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: The Curv GT is a carryover from last year; unfortunately, I didn't get to ski it then ... which was my loss. Sure there are other technical skis in the upper 70-80mm range, but what Fischer does with the shape of the Curv sets it apart. The gradual tip shape make the Fischer one of the most versatile in the class. Relax, no problem. Charge, no problem. Float, again, no problem. (Yes, "float" is relative for an 80mm ski).

Insider tip: You want it all? Get the RC4 The Curv Booster. Even at 74 mm underfoot, it has a higher-quality World Cup base and a race plate that accepts a Freeflex binding.​

Drahtguy Kevin: Performance reigns supreme in this groomer-oriented ripper. A responsive tip; outstanding flex, strength, and grip; and a top-notch tail make this ski a pure joy to command. The Curv GT will change turn sizes on a whim whether at speed or not. Kudos, Fischer.

Insider tip: Don’t overlook this versatile ski.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Those seeking a ski to up their game that isn’t overly demanding.
Who is it not for?
You want to do all the work yourself; the GT is a ski that can do some of the work when asked. Low intermediates won’t get the most out of this ski.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
168, 175, 182
Dimensions
129-80-112
Radius
16m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. System

Last edited by a moderator:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
This ski lives in the same realm of high 70's waist width skis like the Blossom White Out and the Stockli Laser AX. However, it's a rocket ship. It might not have the versatility of those other skis, but what I've found in this unfortunate season of extended groomer ripping, is that a ski like the GT is just perfect for CO groomer conditions. We don't get super hard groomers usually, so a ski that provides a bit more platform, without so much extra width that it slows the ski down from edge to edge, is a major advantage (just in case you hit a softer patch). Crazy strong edge bite and quite torsionally stiff, this is a ski that will really reward high energy, high edge angle skiing technique. Load it up and it easily launches me through the air in the transitions from turn to turn. It's such a fun ski that sometimes it's hard to wipe the smile off my face. Highly recommended.

Sponsor