• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Playful. That's the first word that came to mind when I got on the all-new Enforcer 104 Free. The forebody of the ski reminds me of the Enforcer 100 when entering the turn in 3D snow, but as the turn progresses, the 104 Free comes into its own. The back half of the all-new ski is mostly that: all new (it has been out for a year or so on the Enforcer 110 Free), and the tail allows the back half to be worked more than the narrower 100s.

Insider tip: This could coexist with an Enforcer 88, 93, or even 100 in the same quiver.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The skier looking for a One Oh Something biased toward off piste and soft snow.
Who is it not for?
The skier looking for a hard-charging One-Oh.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
  2. Powder
Ski attributes
  1. Off Piste
  2. Trees
  3. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
172, 179, 186, 191
Dimensions
135-104-124
Radius
18.5m@186cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip and tail rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Last edited by a moderator:

XSki

Putting on skis
Skier
The Enforcer104Free, could this be my 'new' Enforcer 100?

Me: male, 5.11", 180lbs, very advanced/expert but no local hero.
Conditions: combination of fresh on piste with scraped off hard spots. Bit offpiste in tracked out snow with patches of untracked, just enough to get an idea and second trip in France: everything but fresh, including (big) moguls.

Nordica Enforcer 104Free (104/179)
In another thread I wrote about my search to replace my much praised Enforcer 100 (MY 2019/2020). My thoughts steered me towards the new Enforcer 100 but reading reviews about them I was in doubt. Stiffer tail? Touch heavier and longer, especially in running lenghts. Do I want more Enforcer since I liked the old version so much? And could I try the 104free because same construction as new E100 but twintip and bit more playful, in other words: would a 104 be more in line with the old E100? @GregK pointed out I was "way overthinking this" and he was right.

Opportunity came knocking at my door and last spring I bought an Enforcer 104 on eBay. Turned out to be an 179 which is considered short by me for a softsnow/powder ski. Oh well, shorter should be more playful so why not try it out. When I got on the Enforcer 104 it was if I stepped into a pair of comfortable old shoes with new soles which always feel a bit stiffer, but overall have the very, very familiar feeling.
The tail was notably stiffer and accelerating out of a turn with a bit more pressure on that tail I could feel at once: these were more powerful. Not world shocking though, but the extra power was certainly there. Everything else: same fun, same smile on my face. It has the dampness and stability. It can carve quite well - or very well considering width - and it is playful. To be clear on that one. my definition of playful is if a ski that has a personality which invites you to do all kinds of funny stuff. When every bump you see is an invitation to jump.

Only thing I noticed as a downside was the twintail. With high edge angles I could feel the tail get 'hooky'/grabby. I mean it felt as if it was holding back with small tugs if you get what I mean by that. Perhaps tuning, did not check. Overall: really fun ski and although I prefer this ski in the 186, this one was a keeper. Or so I thought before I bought and skied the Augment AM98.

Conclusion: If you liked the (feeling of) old Enforcer you will like the new versions. I honestly don't think the differences are that big. I haven't skied the new E100 but I can't imagine that it will ski so different that you won't like it anymore. Regarding the 104Free: overall a truly fun ski. Very versatile and I couldn't feel the extra width (but it has been a fairly long time ago that I skied the 100). A bit of adjusting regarding the stiffer tail that's all it takes. So yes, I was way overthinking :) .

Last edited:

Sponsor