• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2020 Rossignol Experience 94 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
FairToMiddlin: A year ago, I would have given you my best comedic, evil-villain laugh if you would tell me that Rossi is about to introduce an Experience that I would exchange my beloved Stormrider 95 for. The widest Experience never lacked power (E100, and certainly the OG E98 before it), but it had a bit of a frown, it wasn’t all that Fun. That would be okay if it were the smoothest stick in the 98ish category, but it wasn’t really that, either. I admired Rossignol's willingness to make what amounted to a very wide carver, but I never wanted to own one.

This new biggest E doesn’t feel like a wide carver anymore. It feels like an extension of my brain off piste, and yet it retains its carving heritage. Without feeling nervous or noodly, this ski is willing to change direction anywhere on the mountain. It felt eager to initiate on the groomed and downright playful in bumps mixed with crud -- not normally what the fatty Experience gets accused of. The stability is still there, but now it has an all-mountain performance envelope. It feels like what Atomic could have done with the replacement for the current Vantage 90 CTi, if its goal was to make a better ski, instead of a different ski.

One thing I didn’t understand is the stated turn radius between the 187 and 180. The 187 claims 19 m; the 180, 18.5; it almost seems like a typo, such a small difference seems too insignificant to give skiers much of a choice. Hopefully, I will be able to get on the 180 and see for myself.

Drahtguy Kevin: Rossignol is serious with this new ski for 2019. A stiff tip powers easily through crud and chop with a solid feel. Surprisingly, the flex of the 94 makes it a delight in bumps; I wasn’t expecting that. The heft helps with the smooth groomer feel. Edge hold is superior as well. I’ve been waiting years for Rossi to build a ski like this.

Insider tip: Point ‘em and trust your line; these won't let you down.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Lots of people, with lots of different skill levels. Wanna feel like a hero off piste? Here you go. Strong skiers will get the most out of the Experience 94 Ti.
Who is it not for?
Lightweights. This is a heavy ski that needs some force.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
173, 180, 187
Dimensions
132-94-112
Radius
19m@187cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA: This ski is on sale now at @SkiEssentials for $320.00 brand new. It's always seemed a little strange to me that this model got lots of props from well-qualified reviewers here (as seen above), but never seemed to get any real traction. Never been on it myself, but I have a strong suspicion that this is a sleeper.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
PSA: This ski is on sale now at @SkiEssentials for $320.00 brand new. It's always seemed a little strange to me that this model got lots of props from well-qualified reviewers here (as seen above), but never seemed to get any real traction. Never been on it myself, but I have a strong suspicion that this is a sleeper.
It was my favorite of the new Experiences.

Reactions: BMC

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

$469.95 with Marker Griffon 13ID bindings. Good deal!

Reactions: BMC

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
I have this ski and while it's behaving I really like it. Not as buttery smooth as my DPS but it does rip, plow and carve really well. Had not even considered taking it off piste, so that's something I need to do considering the above review.
So I have two problems with the ski. One is that every three or so runs the tail of the uphill ski will hook up in a turn. Disconcerting but had not thrown me yet. This, however, got the skis back in the truck and the DPS back on my feet. I did detune tips and tails. Problem still exists.
Two, ski essentials mounted directly on the mid line. It really feels like that's too far forward and there is too much ski behind my heel. So, they require more work on each turn. I wish I had demos on then so I could fill around with foot placement without redrilling.
Had anybody else had this "experience"?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have this ski and while it's behaving I really like it. Not as buttery smooth as my DPS but it does rip, plow and carve really well. Had not even considered taking it off piste, so that's something I need to do considering the above review.
So I have two problems with the ski. One is that every three or so runs the tail of the uphill ski will hook up in a turn. Disconcerting but had not thrown me yet. This, however, got the skis back in the truck and the DPS back on my feet. I did detune tips and tails. Problem still exists.
Two, ski essentials mounted directly on the mid line. It really feels like that's too far forward and there is too much ski behind my heel. So, they require more work on each turn. I wish I had demos on then so I could fill around with foot placement without redrilling.
Had anybody else had this "experience"?
When I demoed this ski, I would have bought it if I hadn't also demoed the Dynastar Legends they had lurking in the back of the Rossi demo tent. I ended with the X88 which is also mounted a little forward of my old skis like the E94. Even though I loved these at the demo, I am still adapting to the long tail when I go into deep bumps (I'm not a good bump skier at all, but trying to learn). I mounted mine with Pivots, so good for flex but bad for adjusting. I suspect you have a little tail flip/smear in your standard turn as did I that I've been working to eliminate. The tails do not catch when I keep my turns cleaner. Skis like these reward our best input.

Sponsor