• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The table in the first post should be updated for the R16. The stand height at the heel of the R16 is 17.0mm. The toe is 12.5mm.

njdiver85

Booting up
Skier
This might be a stupid question, but I'm looking at the Head Tyrolia Tech Manual for "2019/20". But most of the head bindings for sale online are either labeled 2019 or 2020. Can I assume that a binding being sold as "2020" is really a 2019/20 binding? Just want to be sure that I can match a purchase to the same specs as in the catalog, as Head sometimes changes their ramp angles from year to year I've noticed.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
This might be a stupid question, but I'm looking at the Head Tyrolia Tech Manual for "2019/20". But most of the head bindings for sale online are either labeled 2019 or 2020. Can I assume that a binding being sold as "2020" is really a 2019/20 binding? Just want to be sure that I can match a purchase to the same specs as in the catalog, as Head sometimes changes their ramp angles from year to year I've noticed.

Correct. 2019-20 season models are referred to as 2020. Just think of it like car model years. The 2020 models start showing up in the Fall of 2019.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I recently had to warranty a pair of Tyrolia bindings and it was the easiest warranty return ever. Shipped direct to Head/Tyrolia and I received the new bindings in less than two weeks. They were even two days past the warranty expiration.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m looking at binding options for a pair of Stockli Stormrider 95s. Corbetts has Head bindings on sale which appear to be the same as Tyrolia. I was looking at the Attack2 13GW and 14s. There is less than a $20 difference between the two. Reading through the spec summary above it seems the only differences are the obvious DIN range and the 14s have a higher stand height and the ability to accept WTR and touring boots. I fall within the DIN range for both and have standard alpine boots. Is the difference in height (17 vs 24) worth considering? Other than that it sounds like the only question is whether I want more boot flexibility or am I missing something else? Thanks

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On a wider ski the lower stack height is better. Unless you need a binding to accomodate a WTR or AT boot, the Attack 13 is better.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know what jig is to be used for the Attack Demo binding ?
I know the 92W does most every Tyrolia, but not the Attack Demos AFAIK.

I think I want to start doing my own mounts and I'd rather trust a jig vs paper templates.
I do my own golf club building so I am already the guy who measures 3 times and cuts once, so am sure I could handle paper templates if I really had to.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks @Philpug . Is it the greater leverage that the ski can put on you and you can put on the ski at a higher heights the main disadvantage with the higher stack height? Assume the lower height also is easier to balance? Just trying to understand the physics behind it.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks @Philpug . Is it the greater leverage that the ski can put on you and you can put on the ski at a higher heights the main disadvantage with the higher stack height? Assume the lower height also is easier to balance? Just trying to understand the physics behind it.
Higher stack height is better on a narrower ski but as the ski gets wider, you want to be lower on the deck. The reason the 14 AT is higher is so it can accommodate the adjustability of the AFD.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid