• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 14th of 15th Annual May at A-Basin

Status
Not open for further replies.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sorry I missed the fun. Unfortunately, I've been battling a blocked tear duct all weak and my eye was swollen nearly closed much of the week. I couldn't have skied yesterday even if I'd blown school off. Glad everyone had a good time!

King Of Cooper

Getting on the lift
Skier
We had a great day today at ABasin. Another warm(er) bluebird day with morning crusties softening up quickly. Amazingly, the entire group skied together for a large part of the day, but then @Tricia, @Luvbug, and I skied together for some runs and found some nice bumps. No skiing pictures but I got a shot of Luvbug, @Gaby, and me at lunch.

View attachment 132738
After skiing, we hung out in the parking lot. @Luvbug found a comfy spot to take a nap.
View attachment 132739
Yesterday, I took a rest day to acclimate more and soothe an achy knee. I drove to Leadville and spent the day walking around town, enjoying some empanadas at a Cuban cafe, walking a bit at Tennessee Pass, and then driving up a dirt road (state Rt 3) to Matchless Mine, an abandoned silver mine from the 1800’s. The scenery was spectacular and I spent some time hanging out in the back of the pickup truck enjoying the quiet.
View attachment 132736
Next time your in Lead Vegas be Happy to give you the locals Tour. :)

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great stuff! Not much better then beautiful skis, some decent snow and ripping it with friends! Skiing is life.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just realized it was time to start shopping for the perfect Mother's day card as the holiday is right around the corner. I seem to recall that there's something else usually going on, but I'm having a terrible bout of forgetfulness.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I just realized it was time to start shopping for the perfect Mother's day card as the holiday is right around the corner. I seem to recall that there's something else usually going on, but I'm having a terrible bout of forgetfulness.
The traditional event isn't happening in the traditional way this year (I'm talking about A-Basin, not the Hallmark holiday). Phil and Tricia are going to the Rendezvan in Bachelor instead this year.

But a handful of us New Englander's are discussing coming west for a last bout of spring skiing anyway. It's 90% likely I'll be in Colorado the first week in May, dragging a couple of others with me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The traditional event isn't happening in the traditional way this year (I'm talking about A-Basin, not the Hallmark holiday). Phil and Tricia are going to the Rendezvan in Bachelor instead this year.

But a handful of us New Englander's are discussing coming west for a last bout of spring skiing anyway. It's 90% likely I'll be in Colorado the first week in May, dragging a couple of others with me.
Actually we will not be going to Bachelor because of Ann's injury but after this Snowmass trip we will be done wit long distance travel. Mayyyy we suggest Mammoth?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually we will not be going to Bachelor because of Ann's injury but after this Snowmass trip we will be done wit long distance travel. Mayyyy we suggest Mammoth?
Sorry, two different drawers in my brain and I didn't make the connection.
Mammoth is my backup plan if my co-conspirators back out. They don't want to go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online