• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, you didn't miss much @Mothertucker ! I made one top to bottom run, then mosied my way to the bunny hill. I lasted another 4 runs or so before I called it in and got a hot cocoa. My foot wasn't a happy camper, but at least was able to get out and enjoy a wintry moment. The family got more laps in.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anybody have news how it was today? Seems like the cooler weather is helping but are the runs skiing ok still?
The snow was holding up all things considered, there wasn't any ponds forming though we stopped at 1. The snow was heavy and skiing it wore my old ass out, but it was good until about 11 with the usual caveats concerning the shade.

We mostly skied off chair 1, but detoured to the east for a quick lap and found that log chute is the only way to perfect pitches and chair 10 because side show is closed (things were looking rough) and the word on the slopes is that chair 10 will close tomorrow.

I wonder how long it will hold out, I wouldn't mind skiing on the closer on the 16th just to say that I did.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
The snow was holding up all things considered, there wasn't any ponds forming though we stopped at 1. The snow was heavy and skiing it wore my old ass out, but it was good until about 11 with the usual caveats concerning the shade.

We mostly skied off chair 1, but detoured to the east for a quick lap and found that log chute is the only way to perfect pitches and chair 10 because side show is closed (things were looking rough) and the word on the slopes is that chair 10 will close tomorrow.

I wonder how long it will hold out, I wouldn't mind skiing on the closer on the 16th just to say that I did.
Thanks for the feedback. It turns out a slept in a little too late and decided to skip today. I've got 1 last trip to Mammoth next week so I'll call that a season for me. I should about 18 days this year so good enough for me.

I need to get on my bike more. I'm getting dropped too easily now so that is frustrating.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the feedback. It turns out a slept in a little too late and decided to skip today. I've got 1 last trip to Mammoth next week so I'll call that a season for me. I should about 18 days this year so good enough for me.

I need to get on my bike more. I'm getting dropped too easily now so that is frustrating.
Getting dropped is my middle name... As long as I finish ahead of the broom wagon, I usually feel successful. I'm considering a Mammoth trip later this month or early next. Right now I have 14 this season and 19 total on the pass due to last season's spring trips to Mammoth and BBMR. Hoping next season yields greater precip totals (for a variety of reasons...).

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
It looks pretty dreadful so be prepared for more patio time than skiing. On the bright side, it's not crowded.
Not crowded, went with a friend who was interested in getting back on skis after 20+ years. While it didn't work out well for them, I had a good time in both skiing with my friend and then building up my quads in the spring snow.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I miss winter!
Chances are good I’ll be in Big Bear for a week next season — not so much for the skiing but to spend time with the sister of my heart (whose family has a house there), with a side of night skiing and sneaking out during the day skiing.

Also still waiting on details but I might be back in SF in April and running over to Tahoe after my family stuff is done. So we might get a chance to ski together @Pat AKA mustski !

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor