• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep! Will be at SS, hopefully we get an early start and that demand has slowed enough so we can get decent parking.
Yes, I'm heading to SS too. I'm wearing all black and grey with a camelbak on. I should be on either 7, 10 around 10

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Made SS today. Conditions were better than I'd hope. Pretty much all chairs skiing good still. I think even next weekend should be good too. Get it before it's gone....
We did as well. The crowds were thinner than I'd seen them in some time. We left at 6 and made it to the lot at 8:30 and on the slopes by a little after 9. Brownie was practically vacant when we arrived and got a prime spot.

My son wanted to explore the other side a more so we ended up spending most of the day on 1,2,3 and 9. We did head over to 10 and 7 for a few runs and I think I caught a glimpse of you (at least from the description above) as you veered off towards Log Chute (I was heading into Perfect Pitches). By the time we made it over there my thighs were showing their displeasure with the weekend of activities. We cut out at 1:30.

See you next weekend, likely Saturday as a friend is meeting up with me for a remedial ski adventure (they have'nt been on them in 20+ years).

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied MtnHigh today 3/15. Wow, what a difference between it and BBMR. BBMR, seems to have way more snow still compared to MtnHigh. I'd say BBMR is 2 weeks better along than MtnHigh

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Feels like no one at Snow Summit today. Mid day lift lines are nonexistent. Snow was icy first thing, but pretty nice through noon/1:00. After that it was getting slushy.
Chair 1 photo around noon… View attachment 163629
I can confirm all these details...
I thought it would have grown more cloudy as the day progressed along with the wind (that was what I was reading in the forecast), but the sun came out and the skies became bluebird and it was nice. And while it was windy, it wasn't that bad. Mostly skied 1 and 2 today, with a quick sideline to 10. We waited too late to head over there as it getting too soft for our liking.

Last edited:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I haven't been there for a week now but I'd assume BBMR has 1 good week left of being able to get enough runs to make it worthwhile to drive up there for?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I haven't been there for a week now but I'd assume BBMR has 1 good week left of being able to get enough runs to make it worthwhile to drive up there for?
Not far from Riverside vs. $6 per gallon... carpool! Final night session of the season. PXL_20220320_022950836.jpg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My PT is going well, so planning on skiing on Tuesday! Which means I'll be able to keep my birthday tradition going:yahoo:

Hopefully this storm delivers. But I will be sticking to easy groomers no matter what.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Physical therapy for my foot. PM incoming.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any word on conditions of SS?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:( maybe they will get some snow tonight . Either way, we are skiing tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online