• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2021-2022 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyway, you can’t follow a post like that so I’ll do it and say we bought Epic passes for the first time and will ski CB and Monarch next year and maybe Keystone and Breck for the first time at some point.

Yep, bought an Epic 4 day to use at Telluride before prices went up yesterday. Had to buy the "all resorts" for Telluride to be included

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@coskigirl thank you for the update, perspectives, pictures and stories.

It seems cheap to talk about how scary the wind and dry has been before the last big storm when nothing has happened locally, but the scars of a decade ago are still here and fuels to our southwest are critical. We’ve had how many red flag days so far, 50+?

The 18” of snow we got 10 days ago, followed by rain and cold temps and a slow melt into the ground, have been salvation (with no actual fire, damage, or loss just a repeated sigh of relief). I want it to be warm, but it’s 40° and raining and that’s another bridge to the monsoon.

Anyway, you can’t follow a post like that so I’ll do it and say we bought Epic passes for the first time and will ski CB and Monarch next year and maybe Keystone and Breck for the first time at some point.

afski722

Getting off the lift
Skier
Based on social media posts over this week:

• A-Basin had a helicopter lift on Wednesday to remove the towers/towerheads from Lenawee lift
  • Vail had a helicopter lift on Wednesday to remove the towers/towerheads from Game Creek Express
  • Breckenridge announced today that for the 2023-2024 season they will be replacing Chair 5 (double) with a High Speed Quad

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
If I answer that, I'll have to kill you. ;)

View attachment 171344
Presumably the same farmer(s), definitely same slope. I think it is a couple that lay down the tracks on some days.

@nay , @Snowfan and @Noodler know where it is.

The Hagan’s of Hagan Ski it seems. We know them from XC running before they moved full time to Breck.

Doing anything aerobic with them is generally humbling.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The Hagan’s of Hagan Ski it seems. We know them from XC running before they moved full time to Breck.

That would make sense and explains this:

1655504584293.png
My Google timeline had me at Hagan instead of Neighborhood Bike when I went to buy my new tire yesterday.

I've seen her out on the clear cut. Almost quicker up than down. ;-) If our laps had been timed right, I'm sure she could have overtaken me twice on my one ascent.

I met her once when I loaned her my mower. I was going out on a ride by her house and made the offer of using my mower. She was trying to take down the tall grass with a reel mower. That is a no win proposition.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That would make sense and explains this:

View attachment 171485
My Google timeline had me at Hagan instead of Neighborhood Bike when I went to buy my new tire yesterday.

I've seen her out on the clear cut. Almost quicker up than down. ;-) If our laps had been timed right, I'm sure she could have overtaken me twice on my one ascent.

I met her once when I loaned her my mower. I was going out on a ride by her house and made the offer of using my mower. She was trying to take down the tall grass with a reel mower. That is a no win proposition.

We have a match here. Listening to her talk about “The Flumes” in her Austrian (I believe) accent is still stuck indelibly in my mind. Great people. I had thought I’d seen posts from them from the ”place”.

My son uses a pair of Hagan skimo skis for his winter mountain racing training. He just finished 5th at the Broken Arrow Sky Race VK (vertical kilometer over a short distance) today at Palisades @ Tahoe. It’s wise to not compare to these VO2 max types (he recently tested at something like 92 in Gunnison at the Western Colorado U. HAP lab at 7,700 ft altitude). We are fit. But not like that.

First place in that race was my son’s skimo coach. Not a runner, but that’s a VO2 max race and Cam has won internationally in skimo, which you don’t see out of Americans.

Gunnison in the house.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
buncha mutants …

And mine was the kid who got picked last in every team sport event in elementary school.

I‘m too old and drink too much to even think about this stuff. The former isn’t better, the latter probably is.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier

As you would expect, it runs in the Hagen family: daughter, Ella, is in her first year at our local high school but already holds the girls H.S. record in Colorado for 1600M track/field. The second place finisher in that recent race came 30 seconds behind.

Hagen Shatters Girls 1600-Meter Meet Record By 23 Seconds

In her XC races, she usually pulls ahead during big uphill sections...

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Keeping the winter stoke going in July

1657557778978.png

IMG_1196.JPG

@tball here is a pic from west village. More heavy equipment here just not in the pic. I think they are part of the Solitude site prep that is still going on. All fenced off up there. Plenty of heavy equipment and similar site prep happening in the triple treat parking lot area with a new road built over there.

IMG_1199.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor