• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2021-2022 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherman

Getting on the lift
Skier
We need the stormtrack to head south by quite a bit. More wind than snow the past few weeks and for the foreseeable future. Really sucks but could be worse I guess. I would plan trips in advance (if you have to) to the PNW and places like Jackson or Big Sky. A nudge south by a few hundred miles and Co will be good. Crossing fingers.
Could be a lot worse than this. Vail on Saturday was much better than anticipated. IMG_2625.jpeg IMG_2626.jpeg IMG_2627.jpeg IMG_2628.jpeg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Could be a lot worse than this. Vail on Saturday was much better than anticipated. View attachment 148582 View attachment 148583 View attachment 148584 View attachment 148585

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
We need the stormtrack to head south by quite a bit. More wind than snow the past few weeks and for the foreseeable future. Really sucks but could be worse I guess. I would plan trips in advance (if you have to) to the PNW and places like Jackson or Big Sky. A nudge south by a few hundred miles and Co will be good. Crossing fingers.

Interestingly, we’ve been off to a decent start along the continental divide. Our favorite chart over the last four years. The flip side, as we know, is two weeks of skunk and you catch up in the wrong way.

I’m a bit too busy to ski right now so I’m really just hoping we get one of those classic early December cycles going.

5935213C-FDFF-404E-980E-585E26FD7F0E.jpeg

A dry(ish) Nov is hardly anything new (and makes for outstanding mountain biking).

AE63DEEB-F751-41F5-81EE-406D820A32CF.jpeg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
That stuff is hard to watch. We’re gonna be in the dry crossroads for awhile, but those pics of Vail in mid-Nov? Excellent.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I don't know about all the "nay"-sayers, but LL has been skiing really well. They got over a foot last week. They're prepping to open #6. I didn't even start skiing last season until a week later than today and it was abysmal even at that point last season. Even if we do get a bit skunked over the next 2 weeks we're still way ahead of last season, so it's all good. :)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I don't know about all the "nay"-sayers, but LL has been skiing really well. They got over a foot last week. They're prepping to open #6. I didn't even start skiing last season until a week later than today and it was abysmal even at that point last season. Even if we do get a bit skunked over the next 2 weeks we're still way ahead of last season, so it's all good. :)
LL looks even better, comparatively. But I’m not burning my meager 3 days until the cat is running. Unless it‘s not going to at all?

28AEF11C-C901-47FF-BE10-EE7707DEC3E9.jpeg

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
LL looks even better, comparatively. But I’m not burning my meager 3 days until the cat is running. Unless it‘s not going to at all?

View attachment 148601
Does anyone know what the extra cost of the new catskiing in Dry Creek at Loveland will be? And will they still be running the Ridge cat per normal?

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'd forgotten the Dry Creek venture, and asked last week about the Ridge cat. Still no special pass for that required, same as lasts year, not a separate pass as used to be the case, they said, but they were not ready to say much more. So it seems Ridge cat will be normal.

Reactions: nay

palikona

Getting off the lift
Skier
Winter Park is only opening Arrow and Gemini lifts, with Village Way and Parkway

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Does anyone know what the extra cost of the new catskiing in Dry Creek at Loveland will be? And will they still be running the Ridge cat per normal?

I'd forgotten the Dry Creek venture, and asked last week about the Ridge cat. Still no special pass for that required, same as lasts year, not a separate pass as used to be the case, they said, but they were not ready to say much more. So it seems Ridge cat will be normal.

Yep, Ridge cat back to normal when it opens. Masks required inside.

Dry Gulch will tours will be full-day affairs. Pricing is TBD, but I expect it'll be at least a couple benjamins, but significantly less than something like steamboat powdercats.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Yep, Ridge cat back to normal when it opens. Masks required inside.

Dry Gulch will tours will be full-day affairs. Pricing is TBD, but I expect it'll be at least a couple benjamins, but significantly less than something like steamboat powdercats.
Is Dry Gulch then a completely separate purchase from a lift ticket (or a season pass)?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Is Dry Gulch then a completely separate purchase from a lift ticket (or a season pass)?

So far it looks like that is the case.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

TBH, I don't know. I don't expect you'd need a lift ticket if you buy a Dry Gulch day. They probably will shuffle folks over Chets->4->8 together, where I expect you load the cat to avoid having to have a cat run through an open ski area.

TS
mikel

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Copper M - W before thanksgiving. Never been. What runs can I expect open. Dont want to waste my 3 days at Abay, saving those for Maybay days. Will prolly split a day or 2 at LL. Thoughts?

Ok the trails that will be open are the ones mentioned above, Ptarmigan, Rhapsody, and Main Vain along with Mine Dump and CDL. The beginner area Green Acres will also be open.

One important note is to get to Ptarmigan, Mine Dump, and CDL you will need to take Excelerator lift. I'm not sure about access to the lift or if there will be time scheduling but something to keep in mind. I will probably hear more tomorrow morning. Copper probably also has stuff on their social media outlets by now.

Last edited:

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
Ok the trails that will be open are the ones mentioned above, Ptarmigan, Rhapsody, and Main Vain along with Mine Dump and CDL. The beginner area Green Acres will also be open.

One important note is to get to Ptarmigan, Mine Dump, and CDL you will need to take Excelerator lift. I'm not sure about access to the lift or if there will be time scheduling but something to keep in mind. I will probably hear more tomorrow morning. Copper probably also has stuff on their social media outlets by now.
Thank you so much. Appreciate you.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I had a pleasant morning yesterday at Breck. An early start and departure avoided the crowds and took advantage of some very nice grooming.

IMG_20211119_083137700_HDR.jpg
Patrol is already bombing Horseshoe. Gratefully the slides weren't ground deep. At least not yet.

IMG_20211119_085249159.jpg A view of the Front Range.

strava4466112161388135681.jpg

Unfortunately, this will be my last on snow post for 10 days.
IMG_20211120_143501825.jpg
A cough, a slightly elevated temperature and the chills caused me to get tested. This is a breakthrough infection about 8 months after my last Pfizer shot. I've been masking up anytime I'm indoors in public as well as at work, too. When 1 in 48 in CO have the active infection and only 4 of 5 are vaccinated, I guess this isn't terribly unlikely. I'm grateful that I can still work from home. I'll be able to get my booster shot on the 7th, too. Damn this disease.

Aarrgghh!

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
I had a pleasant morning yesterday at Breck. An early start and departure avoided the crowds and took advantage of some very nice grooming.

View attachment 148939
Patrol is already bombing Horseshoe. Gratefully the slides weren't ground deep. At least not yet.

View attachment 148938 A view of the Front Range.

Unfortunately, this will be my last on snow post for 10 days.

A cough, a slightly elevated temperature and the chills caused me to get tested. This is a breakthrough infection about 8 months after my last Pfizer shot. I've been masking up anytime I'm indoors in public as well as at work, too. When 1 in 48 in CO have the active infection and only 4 of 5 are vaccinated, I guess this isn't terribly unlikely. I'm grateful that I can still work from home. I'll be able to get my booster shot on the 7th, too. Damn this disease.

Aarrgghh!

Best of luck with Covid and hopefully over after a quick 10 days thanks to the first two shots. appreciate the pictures though - makes me feel better about booking Breck this weekend for begining of January looking at that snow cover already. Assuming I can get through to snow school for booking privates. Tried today for 90 minutes no pick up unfortunately but it was a Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor