• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2021-2022 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A little fall color left on the peaks yesterday. It is weird because the aspens by Snowbowl haven't peaked yet but Lockett Meadow is done. Some cool reds and oranges in this year's show.
P5390601.JPG

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
A little fall color left on the peaks yesterday. It is weird because the aspens by Snowbowl haven't peaked yet but Lockett Meadow is done. Some cool reds and oranges in this year's show.
View attachment 145089
The Inner Basin has its own weather up in there. That might be the reason for the different timing.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just testing the guns to get some PR photos or actual snow making? Nice to see either way.

snowbowl1.png

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wonder what will be happening up at Sunrise this year after the mess of last year and the total radio silence following the management change.

Seems like they have the web page squared away and I've been getting more emails than ever this summer/fall, almost sounding like someone is actively engaged in customer communications. Hopefully that carries forward to the winter season.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just took a look at the ASB webcams and it doesn’t look good. There’s seven days left to their scheduled opening day and there isn’t any snow.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
No! There are some tiny white patches under the gondola! But seriously I made a joke to @kimberlin yesterday in a text about something unlikely having about a snowflake's chance in Arizona ... This La Nina forecast with warmer dryer weather may force loooong drives to Colorado or Utah ...

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yup. I don’t think it’s happening for us down here this year.

I guess I need to get the bike tuned up for winter.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You never know. We've had plenty of seasons that didn't pop off until mid December or later.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Well its official...AZSB won't attempt to open on 11/19. In other news....weather is still random

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We need a pattern change for sure. Lee put out his first forecast yesterday. Hinting at Thanksgiving week storm chances.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh pleeeez let a little make it all the way to NM! We've had nothing but wind and warm weather for a month now.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
From Lee's Message

"I'm looking forward to bringing you several blogs a week here on OpenSnow and hopefully we will have much to talk about."

Several blogs a week would be a huge improvement. I've struggled to support OpenSnow and their increasingly aggressive monetization efforts with how limited Lee's coverage has been at times.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm going to Taos for a week at the beginning of February. I'm worried. Should I be? Is this "normal"?

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
That sucks! I had a meniscus tear like that which was borderline for needing an operation. I did a bunch of exercise/PT leading up to ski season and was able to get my knee muscle built up so that I didn't have much pain while skiing. It was weird because I'd ski fine all day then my knee would hurt like hell in the tear spot on the drive back down. To this day I still get some pain in that spot after skiing but I never ended up needing to get the operation. Hopefully yours goes this route too.
I tore my ACL and meniscus in 2002. I was 19 at the time. The doc repaired my ACL and said he pinned my meniscus back down because he thought I was too young to get a meniscal transplant. He said it probably wouldn't hold long term, but that it would hopefully get me through a few years before I needed one. He was not optimistic that it would do well during ski season.

Anyways, 20 years later and it is still holding. I still wear a knee brace for stability on that knee. I don't know if it helps the pressures on my meniscus or not, but it can't hurt. Sometimes, that knee still hurts like hell in that spot the meniscus tore. But, like you, it almost never hurts while I am out skiing, running, etc. Only after, and usually nothing a good soak in the hot tub doesn't fix. Here's hoping I can go another 20 before I actually need to replace it.

Of course, now that I've said that it will probably blow just walking to the bathroom tomorrow.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
AZ is opening Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online