• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2021-2022 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah the webcams have been looking better. Obviously they must think there's money to be made getting open pre-thanksgiving so that's good to see.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah the webcams have been looking better. Obviously they must think there's money to be made getting open pre-thanksgiving so that's good to see.
All of the local kids up here are out from school tomorrow.

I’m waiting to go on Monday.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
WROD!

Looks like it's raining up there this morning... :(

Maybe an inch of snow overnight judging by the webcam view this morning.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went up today. Nice product for opening day. Life lines were slow because they weren't loading the gondola cars but it kept the slopes from being crowded.

So, what's open? Ridge?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So, what's open? Ridge?

Upper Ridge down to the catwalk at GCE then you have to take that into the lower bowl and down. Upper Ridge skied nicely all day. Everything that is open is fairly wide, plenty of room to get around people. I'm not sure what they will try to get open next. They had guns going below the Agassiz lodge but not all the way down to the bottom GCE terminal. IMG_5574.JPG

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It looks like they aren’t using the gondola cabins still, what’s the reasoning for that?

They told me it is to limit the amount of people being dumped onto the WROD. Not sure how that will go with GCE opening today?

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
They told me it is to limit the amount of people being dumped onto the WROD. Not sure how that will go with GCE opening today?
Yeah, I’ve been a huge supporter of the improvements made at Snowbowl but the six pack on midway puts so many people on the catwalk and lower bowl side. Weekends can be such a mess.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What is it with snowboarders, anyway? :roflmao:

Azsb1.jpg

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is it with snowboarders, anyway? :roflmao:
It is trendy and they can look cool with minimal actual skill? I've noticed the youngest crop have pretty much taken to not even trying to turn anymore.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Skied Purg this AM. The coverage was excellent on the one top to bottom run. However by 1100 it wasn't just warm. It was almost hot. I don't expect coverage to last much longer.

The forecast for the foreseeable future is highs in the low 60's each day. Lows at the ski hill's elevation will be out of the snowmaking realm.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Crazy autistic weather man who is never wrong says this month will be "100% opposite" of November as far as weather goes. Hope he is right.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Starting to snow a bit - hoping for more this week!

Telluride 12-7-21.jpg

Purg 12-7-21.jpg

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm watching the Friday storm. Decided not to head up last week due to the one run open.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice wet dump it looks like. Snowbowl reporting 14" and Snotel showing 4". Hopefully it opens some more runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor