• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2021-2022 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Dang! Looking out of my back garden I can just see the tip of Snowbowl and it didn't look like that ... yet ogsmile . But yeah, looking forward to it IF my knee will take it. (Fell on Upper Volcano 3/24 when my powder skis were going like the clappers with their navigator trying desperately to control them - unfortunately the bindings didn't release and I heard a nasty "geeech" type sound from my right knee. Likely meniscus tear. Various things done since then incl. PT, but neither my Dr. nor I are too sure as to how well it will work skiing. Worse comes to the worse, it'll require an operation.)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Taos Gathering thread is up, in case anyone has missed it...

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dang! Looking out of my back garden I can just see the tip of Snowbowl and it didn't look like that ... yet ogsmile . But yeah, looking forward to it IF my knee will take it. (Fell on Upper Volcano 3/24 when my powder skis were going like the clappers with their navigator trying desperately to control them - unfortunately the bindings didn't release and I heard a nasty "geeech" type sound from my right knee. Likely meniscus tear. Various things done since then incl. PT, but neither my Dr. nor I are too sure as to how well it will work skiing. Worse comes to the worse, it'll require an operation.)

That sucks! I had a meniscus tear like that which was borderline for needing an operation. I did a bunch of exercise/PT leading up to ski season and was able to get my knee muscle built up so that I didn't have much pain while skiing. It was weird because I'd ski fine all day then my knee would hurt like hell in the tear spot on the drive back down. To this day I still get some pain in that spot after skiing but I never ended up needing to get the operation. Hopefully yours goes this route too.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
That sucks! I had a meniscus tear like that which was borderline for needing an operation. I did a bunch of exercise/PT leading up to ski season and was able to get my knee muscle built up so that I didn't have much pain while skiing. It was weird because I'd ski fine all day then my knee would hurt like hell in the tear spot on the drive back down. To this day I still get some pain in that spot after skiing but I never ended up needing to get the operation. Hopefully yours goes this route too.
Wow! That is so useful to know - our gym got flooded in the monsoon and has only just opened again, but this message implies that I should get back there pdq! Many thanks

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I mean it was technically last water year so it won't count towards annual snowfall.....but I'm still celebrating

Made the mistake of touring and offering on some Flagstaff real estate without success. Vicious vicious market out there. One property in particular in Kachina that I found completely uninspiring, poor cell phone service, no view, but still had 5 offers, 3 cash asking the mid 3's. I feel terrible for the people out there trying to get into their first home.

Last edited:

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
I mean it was technically last water year so it won't count towards annual snowfall.....but I'm still celebrating

Made the mistake of touring and offering on some Flagstaff real estate without success. Vicious vicious market out there. One property in particular in Kachina that I found completely uninspiring, poor cell phone service, no view, but still had 5 offers, 3 cash asking the mid 3's. I feel terrible for the people out there trying to get into their first home.
It’s pretty darn crazy, that’s for sure. I’d go for full on van life before trying to buy a house here.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Yeah it is depressing. We want to move up there too. Should've bought 5 years ago when it was still taking a few days for houses to sell :(

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Fingers crossed....

The money quote, "I don’t usually tackle winter forecasts unless I am very confident about what to expect. I am not there yet with the upcoming winter. However, I am seeing as much data showing we could have a heavy snow winter, as I am seeing data showing an “average” or even a mild winter. I will talk more about this in the upcoming weeks, but I certainly would not write off this winter."

https://durangoweatherguy.com/2021/...h1bIV_wqfOkdQt8wV4_xcV4p4f-gL2evdY0Hvwc7bOBxE

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
These guys are in Arizona and look legit.

Thanks for the link. You made me realize I was ignoring what should've been obvious to me. My first job outta university was in the RV industry which builds similar vehicles as "Class B" RV's. /facepalm

How would the drive to AZSB from Doney or Winona (I-40) exit area? Would I have much to worry about on snow days?

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the link. You made me realize I was ignoring what should've been obvious to me. My first job outta university was in the RV industry which builds similar vehicles as "Class B" RV's. /facepalm

How would the drive to AZSB from Doney or Winona (I-40) exit area? Would I have much to worry about on snow days?
The 40 gets closed a lot during big storms.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
Was great to get an email from KPAC again. Even if they were messaging that while there was snow, they will hold off on updates until there's a more meaningful amount of snow.

Anyone hear if Lee is going to write for opensnow again this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January