• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico 2021-2022 Four Corners Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottsdale_Ski

Putting on skis
Skier
"... Groomer - No Experience Necessary..." I want to meet the person who'll turn me loose with their snowcat on the hill with "no experience"... <YIKES> I cannot stop laughing at the thought! FWIW, I ski with the first EMT the Snowbowl ever hired for patrol (around 40 years ago). To this day, his old patrol buddies say his skiing sucked when he was hired (and still sucks, for that matter)

Last edited:

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
@raisingarizona - Enquiring minds want to know - in that advert for Snowbowl positions, is that Cody throwing her head back and laughing about the advert ogsmile ?
No, definitely not! :D
A picture of her can still be found on the children’s lessons tab on the Snowbowl website tho. I think it’s three or four years old now. She’s grown so much and is now in HS.

D7E4E2DF-56BB-45E1-931A-72CD7EED2910.jpeg

Last edited:

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
My trip to the front range was cancelled due to illness with the other part of the traveling party, so I made a quick pivot and drove to purgatory yesterday, skiing through Sunday.

Skiing great and a refreshing break from Flagstaff. If anyone is up, lmk.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Santa Fe opened upper mountain. Didn’t go today. May be tomorrow.
I’m guessing that’s your home hill Pasha? We’ve only been skiing there once and we loved it. My daughter and I chased Bob around for a handful of runs.

Take some pics and post em up if it’s not too much of a bother. I’d love to see some Santa Fe images. It’s

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
No, definitely not! :D
A picture of her can still be found on the children’s lessons tab on the Snowbowl website tho. I think it’s three or four years old now. She’s grown so much and is now in HS.

View attachment 154069
Well of course we have a recent photo of the young lady only a few posts back, but this is an interesting addition. I knew the advert wasn't really Cody, but there was enough of a similiarity to make a joke of it. My girls have now grown up, but it is just possible that the one that lives in the UK may snowboard while Kim and I ski next week at Snowbowl - probably Tuesday.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m guessing that’s your home hill Pasha? We’ve only been skiing there once and we loved it. My daughter and I chased Bob around for a handful of runs.

Take some pics and post em up if it’s not too much of a bother. I’d love to see some Santa Fe images. It’s
@FlyingAce posted a nice one today in the Taos Mini Gathering thread.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went to SF yesterday (first day of the season) and it was surprisingly good given the lack of storm cycles, but not great. Off the groomers it was pretty chunky and occasionally crusty. I found a few good turns deep in the dark trees, but it was an effort getting to them and out of them, if that makes sense. No pics, sorry, but the one by @FlyingAce tells the story.

That said, the groomers were in really good condition, the weather was bluebird, and the snow will probably make a good base.

I hiked up to the top of Deception Peak to look into the Nambé and other backcountry, and though it’s all very, very wind scoured I was happy to see decent coverage. If we can just get a few more storms I’ll stop holding my breath over this La Niña shit.

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier

Bob the adaptive skier? I saw him today. Yes, SF is the home hill now. Easy 1.5hr one way door to door trip.

snow was crunchy today but it was good to ski from the top.

Pix from today:

D488AFE9-041C-41F7-BC69-1EA673B68199.jpeg

Monday:
4DDCDB03-00BB-4427-ABBF-166C5971D44B.jpeg
88061F05-64B0-411A-A5DE-EFF605F3D6BC.jpeg

Last edited:

Pasha

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
I went to SF yesterday (first day of the season) and it was surprisingly good given the lack of storm cycles, but not great. Off the groomers it was pretty chunky and occasionally crusty. I found a few good turns deep in the dark trees, but it was an effort getting to them and out of them, if that makes sense. No pics, sorry, but the one by @FlyingAce tells the story.

That said, the groomers were in really good condition, the weather was bluebird, and the snow will probably make a good base.

I hiked up to the top of Deception Peak to look into the Nambé and other backcountry, and though it’s all very, very wind scoured I was happy to see decent coverage. If we can just get a few more storms I’ll stop holding my breath over this La Niña shit.
I thought El Nino is good for snow. When did La Nina became all the rage?
Let me know when you are up they next time! Would love to say hi.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tequila Trees or Richard's perhaps? How was the coverage in there? Totemoffs looked busy! Glad you had a good day. Boo that Nina. Let's see some Pineapple Express.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor