• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
It’s different when it rains lightly at 65 degrees. Gloves were soaked but it didn’t matter. Of course after closing at 5pm the sun came out.

The pick of the day was 1:30 - 3:15. Sun was out half the time.

And yeah, the maze approach was tapioca, but they'll push more in for next weekend, and where else are you going to ski wall to wall on May 15?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What about Renouns? Sounds like there's a story there...
No story. Just always interested in how skis get broken. Confess I feel a little inferior because I've never managed to break one. Thought I remembered that Michael was on Renoun 88s.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of Renouns, I think I might get another pair cuz I liked the first pair I bought (used) so much. Hmmmm.

Any thoughts on whether it’s worth detouring on the way to Boston from N VT to do some laps this weekend? It’s just the one trail open, right?

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No story. Just always interested in how skis get broken. Confess I feel a little inferior because I've never managed to break one. Thought I remembered that Michael was on Renoun 88s.
Yep RENOUN Endurance 88's.
@James, no cliffs or big air involved. Just spring bumps on Superstar. For those that have skied with me, know I'm not a big person, and use a bit more finesse then I do brawn... But then again, I do work a ski pretty hard, at least in my own opinion.. lol

I've left "Renoun" out of my comments until I hear back from them. If a ski was going to break, the mount points seem like the weakest point, so I'm not surprised.

I'm wondering about Peak Skis "keyhole tech" being a [possible break point.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
MIchael,

I think you and I skied together for part of a day while at the NEG. I had the blue (in my avatar pic) Bradford Race Team jacket on. Anyway, I have only skied one Renoun ski, the Citadel and found the HDT stuff really stiffened the tips and tails when flexing the ski in moguls. This was a prototype skis and it got too stiff for my tastes. Does (did?) your ski stiffen up much in moguls? I wonder if this would concentrate more force under you bindings due to that. Its typically just a defect in the ski that causes them to brake, so not really suggesting anything other than that's lousy luck.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And they let you post here? :ogbiggrin:
I only needed a quiver of 1
MIchael,

I think you and I skied together for part of a day while at the NEG. I had the blue (in my avatar pic) Bradford Race Team jacket on. Anyway, I have only skied one Renoun ski, the Citadel and found the HDT stuff really stiffened the tips and tails when flexing the ski in moguls. This was a prototype skis and it got too stiff for my tastes. Does (did?) your ski stiffen up much in moguls? I wonder if this would concentrate more force under you bindings due to that. Its typically just a defect in the ski that causes them to brake, so not really suggesting anything other than that's lousy luck.
Yes we did ski together... I'm still waiting to hear back from Renoun. I've been a big fan of the skis and have highly recommended them. Could be the HDT (vibe stop) not sure.. But the break was right at the mounting screws of the binding. In general I believe that is one of the weakest points in any ski. Spring bumps can be pretty unforgiving, but I didn't expect a ski to break in them. I'm just happy I didn't fall, and was able to recover quickly.. I believe had I made another turn or 2, it would have been painful if the ski actually broke all they way though.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Spring bumps can be pretty unforgiving, but I didn't expect a ski to break in them. I'm just happy I didn't fall, and was able to recover quickly.. I believe had I made another turn or 2, it would have been painful if the ski actually broke all they way though.
I snapped my 212 mogul skis in half skiing Outer Limits back in the 80's. Spring bumps will aid in removing skis from your quiver...
Or in your case- whip out your quiver in one turn.... ;)

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Renouns, IIRC.
RENOUN is replacing skis under warranty. Will be sending broken ski back so they can look at what failed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online