• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Beautiful summer weather paired with the Superstar Glacier made for a unforgettable weekend. Creamy corn outta the gate Friday to the final Sunday bump turns this was one to remember. Radio Ron, Hannah Soar and Randy "The Hammer" Grasso were all in attendance. My personal favorite was Tao a 5 year with a neon green helmet. He was too scared to make turns on the headwall so I took over from his Dad and coached him down. Sometimes kids respond to a stranger. He quickly stopped shopping for turns finding the fall line. He told me latter that he wants to ski Downdraft next season and I said he was ready for my favorite Killington trail.

IMG_1918.jpg
UVM students take final runs on Friday before Saturday graduation.
IMG_1949.jpg
Last Run on Sunday Afternoon

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1653416935743.png
UVM students take final runs on Friday before Saturday Sunday graduation. I like the head band look.

This is where they were on Sunday
1653417092668.jpeg

The one waving with long red hair is my son, who didn't make it to Kton on Friday.
1653417184229.jpeg

I was planning to ski Superstar on Saturday on my way up to UVM, but on Friday my hot water heater decided to let go and flood my basement. Luckily I caught it quickly, but I spent Saturday replacing it instead of skiing. Even though I shut off the house's water, I didn't want another 40 gallons to leak out while I was skiing, the tank was still full. Had to buy a $100 pump along with a new tank, to empty the cracked tank so I could move it. Looks like missed a great day. My son had a good laugh at the Friday pictures.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, my life and remodeling projects have not cooperated, so we didn't get a chance for a late season visit to VT and the Superstar Glacier and bumps. Hopefully, next year! Congrats on your son, @ScottB!

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
The standard Killington rule of not letting questionable weather forecasts cancel your skiing plans applied in full force today. Rain was expected by mid day and never showed up. Mt Ops had repaired the thin spots and we have top to bottom, ski on, ski off skiing in late May. Many parties & BBQs, and very nice mellow vibe; the hill wasn't crowded as all the folk who believe weather forecasts stayed home. Probably half the crowd of last Friday. Tomorrow looks shaky, but Sunday and Monday look entirely acceptable. Rumors of June 1.

GIS & crew wins the day's culinary adventure for fresh pineapple wedges speared on a slice of barbequed pork tenderloin.

James

Out There
Instructor
So if there’s thunder tmrw morning I take it lift won’t spin?

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Sunny great Sunday as The Beast melts into bike season. For those that completed biking, skiing and golf this weekend earned a T-Shirt. Sweet groomed corn at the bell quickly became a bumping delight. Slopeside pizza on grill was a crowd pleaser. Fresh strawberries stuffed with white cream that @mister moose created raised the bar. Down to the last couple days of the Eastern ski season.
IMG_1991.jpg
Smooth Headwall
image000000.jpg
@mister moose and @Guy in Shorts running the bumps.
IMG_2004.jpg

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Sunny great Sunday as The Beast melts into bike season. For those that completed biking, skiing and golf this weekend earned a T-Shirt. Sweet groomed corn at the bell quickly became a bumping delight. Slopeside pizza on grill was a crowd pleaser. Fresh strawberries stuffed with white cream that @mister moose created raised the bar. Down to the last couple days of the Eastern ski season.
View attachment 170245
Smooth Headwall
View attachment 170246
@mister moose and @Guy in Shorts running the bumps.
View attachment 170247

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I'm bummed I have to work

James

Out There
Instructor
Crazy day at Superstar. Fun morning with @Guy in Shorts and the rest of the access road characters.

Very crowded at 9am opening. Bumps formed in less than half hour. First two runs were stay in your lane to reduce chances of getting hit. Things calmed down after the first hour, then the rocks came out on the headwall.
Snow was really good outside of the tocks at beginning and choke point under the lift crossover.

2547432F-4F3A-4C4A-BA1B-441EDD2C46EA.jpeg
Last strip of white in VT. Plenty of snow where there’s snow. Random ice chunks at times not as bad as random rocks.

FE1B685D-BE6F-458C-A1D8-EE6884FDC9EA.jpeg

989B28D4-FD1C-48B2-8294-5D7FB3B9AE4B.jpeg
Right side in shade was nice but it runs out of snow. Left at 11am. Not sure I would’ve stayed if I could. Side stepping over rocks by the end at the top of the headwall gets old.

Making it to next weekend is going to be tough. They need a sun tarp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.