• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Sweet groomed corn at the bell quickly became a bumping delight.
View attachment 170245
Great late-season vibe but it pains me to see Superstar groomed in May (I haven't been in a while...). It should just be spring bumps, left as they are to mature over time like a fine wine.

I'm guessing the old triathlon format, with the ski run timed top-to-bottom through the bumps (no judges), then MTB, then run, maybe isn't still running so wildly on the skiing part?

James

Out There
Instructor
Great late-season vibe but it pains me to see Superstar groomed in May (I haven't been in a while...). It should just be spring bumps, left as they are to mature over time like a fine wine.
Not sure it would last this long, or you’d be down to dirt and rocks between bumps. Had that today in spots.

Bumps formed in less than 1/2 hour on the headwall, and the whole trail wasn’t groomed. No problem with very large bumps forming by 11 on the pitch.
Let’s just say that glorious spring groomed didn’t exist today really. Maybe the first 10 chairs.

Bigger problem is rocks. They almost need to redistribute the snow during the day.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sunny great Sunday as The Beast melts into bike season. For those that completed biking, skiing and golf this weekend earned a T-Shirt. Sweet groomed corn at the bell quickly became a bumping delight. Slopeside pizza on grill was a crowd pleaser. Fresh strawberries stuffed with white cream that @mister moose created raised the bar. Down to the last couple days of the Eastern ski season.
View attachment 170245
Smooth Headwall
View attachment 170246
@mister moose and @Guy in Shorts running the bumps.
View attachment 170247

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Looked like a fantastic day.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Last day of the season for myself was a gas. Morning laps with @James dealing with the holiday horde were most entertaining. Ran from first bell to last chair on a warm soft sunny day. Rock skiing the headwall is a sport in itself. Voted to keep my skis on my feet dealing with mud and rocks the best that I could. Skiing the bumps on the final lineup to the cheers/jeers of the U-bar crowd is empowering. Resort plans to open again on Saturday Morning.
IMG_2016.jpg
Lower Superstar
IMG_2038.jpg Rocky top of Headwall at the end of day

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Stairs in October, Rocky hike in June. Where else are you going to ski next to Red Maple leaves or Dandelions?

Supe 5 29 22.jpg

These are the good ol' days.

20220528_152157.jpg

Embrace the mountain weather when the only sunshine is in your pocket and in your smile.

Iggy 5 30 22 C.jpg

Live in the moment.
(Photo credit Iggy Mon)

Iggy 5 30 22 E.jpg

This is the powder day when you get a good line every run, and it never gets tracked out.
(Photo credit Iggy Mon)

This is where the best skiers and partiers on the east coast gather. This is face shots in May. This is exuberance. This is where all the days you've skied before prepared you for this day. This run. This turn. The snow is melting and your days on it are limited. Do you want your lawn freshly mowed, or do you want to feel the earth slip away under your feet just one more time?

One more time just might happen this Saturday, in Killington Vermont.

Last edited:

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Looks like closing day on Saturday will be for the true diehards! I was hoping to get one more day on Superstar Glacier but too much effort for this guy. It will be kids’ lacrosse and a gravel ride (and possibly fishing) instead. It was a great season and extended April and May skiing thanks to Killington was awesome. See you in November….

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I predict lines will be short.
it looked huge! crazy die hard skiers- they got a free t-shirt a rappelling line to get down the head wall dirt- the middle part looked great, some tiptoeing the edge to more dirt on the bottom.. I guess they only skied for a few hours but what a hoot- there are some good videos on ski the northeast FB.

1654389284475.png

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Great last day. Non stop skiing, partying and carrying on well into the night. Met Madpatski in line and Gpetrics at the Ubar. Got a shirt from The King. Saw the Chicken, The Bacon Suit, and the Tutu. Rappelled, skied, side-stepped, slid, walked, crossed crevasses and brooks. The wind kept the bugs down, but when one gets in behind your sunglasses, it's almost an emergency. Gorgeous bluebird day. This had to be the best run of spring weekend weather for K in a long time, not a single washout, and a latest in 25 years finish.

Madpatski has quite the running accomplishment, something like 204 consecutive months on skis. He's from Ottawa, and goes to Alberta to catch July - September. Just last week, JC celebrated 3,000 ski days at Killington.

Sure it's crazy to ski on patches accessed by scrambling down rocky ledges. Doesn't it sound already a little crazy to strap boards to your feet and hurl yourself downhill in the freezing cold in exchange for large sums of money? It wasn't the best skiing ever yesterday. It was however, the best skiing for the next 4 months, and the only place to get it (and a T-shirt) with all your crazy friends was right here in Killington Vermont.

20220604_091331.jpg 20220604_094640.jpg 20220604_094743.jpg 20220604_123639-1.jpg 20220604_092319.jpg IMG_6141 (2).jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
2022-2023 thread is live... find it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.