• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Killington Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Are Devil’s Den, Growler, and Centerpiece woods worth skiing?
The current map makes them look pretty open.
F0896C40-F92A-46A8-8823-965C614D6C82.jpeg

Reactions: mdf

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Are Devil’s Den, Growler, and Centerpiece woods worth skiing?
The current map makes them look pretty open.
BearWoods.jpg
They're all great and classic Killington tight trees with Centerpiece being my favorite when it has lots of snow. Growler is the go to without a fresh dump. Devil's Den has a nice drop or 2. The new map is off and makes them look too open, the old James Niehues is more accurate :roflmao:.

About 2 minutes in is Devils Den drop:

Last edited:

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 155783
They're all great and classic Killington tight trees with Centerpiece being my favorite when it has lots of snow. Growler is the go to without a fresh dump. Devil's Den has a nice drop or 2. The new map is off and makes them look too open, the old James Niehues is more accurate :roflmao:.

About 2 minutes in is Devils Den drop:
My experience is that Devil’s Den needs a lot of snow to cover a lot of the debris and downed trees. It is also probably the tightest of the three. Growler is a favorite. SkyePeak liftline is home to the shark toothed rock just beyond a ledge. The rock is otherwise known as Darwin as taking the ledge without looking could result in survival of only the fittest.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, none of those tree trails fits my paygrade, but today was pretty nice with low crowds, mild weather, and good snow. Run of the day was Upper Double Dipper to Upper and Lower East Fall. The wind was brisk riding the Cannon quad, so we headed over to Bear. Upper Wildfire was nicely bumped, not that I skied it that well, but Lower Wildfire was closed. Skyeburst top to bottom was in good shape including the Viper Pit. Called it a day a little early to get home and prepare for the Taos Mini-Gathering.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I checked the Pico webcam and there is a huge demo day there so i was hoping it might move to K or SB for the weekend. Then i realized it must be a private event as Pico is closed to commoners today.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I checked the Pico webcam and there is a huge demo day there so i was hoping it might move to K or SB for the weekend. Then i realized it must be a private event as Pico is closed to commoners today.
Someone mentioned "demo day" today on a lift, but had no idea what they were talking about since K hasn't had their free demo day in awhile. We drove past Pico on the way to Rutland and there definitely was activity at the base

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely Pico yesterday based on the many manufacturers banners flying. Killington used to have some good ones, some unannounced it seemed.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Pico shows 100% open tomorrow. Going for Killington morning, home for lunch and Pico Afternoon!!! Broken knee in early December last year and recovery in April made me miss Pico and most natural Killington trails all last year. Can't wait to hit all these trails I missed!

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
So I lied. Did Killington morning, lunch at home...Kid needed to meet his friend at Killington after lunch so no Pico afternoon for me :( Escapade to Flume....drooool, so good. Royal Flush holding up. Pipe Dream, Breakaway have that sun baked but still soft goodness with nice bump lines. Needles under the Gondy still ok if you don't mind some scrapes and scratches on your bases and edges. Vagabond, always a hoot! Upper Needles skiing really well! Dreammaker super fun without the park and with bony bumps. Big crowds mean stay in the bumps and so I obliged. No woods today (wife is not ready to do too much damage to her new Blossom Crosswinds) maybe woods tomorrow!

Oldest kid said Somewhere/Nowhere was still good.

Last edited:

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good day at Killington today with @Phelmut. Started he day a -22, warned up to a balmy 12 (34 degree swing.) Blowing snow all day on OL Right side was good, but lots of rock surprises. Bear Mtn was good till it wasn't. Cannon area, Upper Cascade was awesome, lower section was basically rocks, and boiler plate for a good portion.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Good day at Killington today with @Phelmut. Started he day a -22, warned up to a balmy 12 (34 degree swing.) Blowing snow all day on OL Right side was good, but lots of rock surprises. Bear Mtn was good till it wasn't. Cannon area, Upper Cascade was awesome, lower section was basically rocks, and boiler plate for a good portion.
In the Canyon, Escapade to Flume was where it was at.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Heading up on Tuesday and Wednesday. The temperatures are looking brutal on Wednesday with a high of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.