• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
pretty optimistic of mammoth calling for opening on the 29th with rain in the forecast as well as snow. I hope it happens though and Cali needs any moisture it can get!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
pretty optimistic of mammoth calling for opening on the 29th with rain in the forecast as well as snow. I hope it happens though and Cali needs any moisture it can get!
Yep, The AR is shifting south toward Mammoth. Maybe too late ? Tahoe did well 3.5 feet at Mt Rose and 30 inches at Alpine and Palisades Tahoe upper areas. But described as heavy sierra cement. lol

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
With Sierra winter weather forecasts always say, I'll believe it when I see it. Kirkwood, Heavenly, and Rose indeed did well. By noon today, Kirkwood had 30". The top foot is a familiar type that falls at 25F>29F I could have much enjoyed bouncing moderate woods pitches. What a bomb proof base now above 8.0k.

KW_10-25-21a.jpg

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.49.43 AM.png

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We were planning on coming to Mammoth on Monday but with Palisades opening and @Tricia's scheduled service to the county on Monday, we will push that back till Tues or Wed.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Any word on how the snow is holding at Mammoth? Palisades opened but word on the street is without fresh or blowing snow (and the weather isn't looking too prime for that) things are going to get a bit sketchy.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
From friends I spoke to, conditions were great Fri & Sat, Sun morning was solid firm up top, by the afternoon it had softened up to "spectacular"
Wind Buff on Daves was great Im told.
I'm on my way up now to make sure...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January