• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great reports guys...BLOWER POW In May...:roflmao:Still nice that it snowed some and when things warm up it should be super fun. Mammoth..the gift that keeps giving in mid May. On business trip back east...may be able to head back up when I get back home next week.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Friday should be interesting- daytime high spiking into the 50s. Hoping that the transition (Thursday) sets up Friday well.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Another delightful spring days with the usual crew. Sunny with temps in the teens again. Good winter snow. Perfect days for skinny sticks.
With the temps getting much warmer tomorrow. The new snow will start to turn sticky. Time for fresh wax.

1652318835605.png

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@KingGrump Good to see Mrs. King Grump is still rocking those Stockli Stormrider 85 motions. Such an amazing ski. Going to ski mine until they are Adirondack chair material. Planning on buying a backup pair soon. I miss Mammoth. Maybe next season.

That is not Mamie in today's pic. That SR85W in the pic is on @missyc .
Mamie has 4 pairs of SR85W. She is on pair #3 & #4. She passed the first two pairs along when she picked up #3 & #4. Will start to hunt for replacement come summer.

Spring in Mammoth has been strange this season. More like New England winter. Will probably hang out for another week for some real spring.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Spring has sprung again. Sunny and 30's. Snow is getting softer with the sun and warmer temp. Good day skiing with family and few really good runs with @pud

Mamie commented with our similar colored jacket, we can almost pass for twins. :ogbiggrin:

PXL_20220512_200453986.jpg

Top of Cornice.
PXL_20220512_204138389.jpg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Because if I do that I will no longer have either a job or a partner.
People are hiring out here, and I'm sure you can get your partner convinced that living in the Sierra is a good thing :D

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After further review, unlike yesterday, starting at the opening bell/7:30 was a poor decision. Firm, firm and firm; the best snow I found later in the morning was cornice and saddle bowls, and I suspect that cornice would have been good at 7:30. When I got on it at 9, hoping it had started softening, I discovered it hadn’t suffered the previous melt-freeze cycle and was still dry and loose. Not so with Scotty’s, but by then it was softening so all was good . All in all, an interesting week.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
After further review, unlike yesterday, starting at the opening bell/7:30 was a poor decision. Firm, firm and firm; the best snow I found later in the morning was cornice and saddle bowls, and I suspect that cornice would have been good at 7:30. When I got on it at 9, hoping it had started softening, I discovered it hadn’t suffered the previous melt-freeze cycle and was still dry and loose. Not so with Scotty’s, but by then it was softening so all was good . All in all, an interesting week.
Heading up tonight and will be staying at the main lodge. I guess I can sleep in a little. Good info on cornice, will likely hit Cornice and maybe scottys first thing in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online