• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Unfortunately, my season is done but I'm already thinking of next year. I live in So Cal in Riverside. I ski BBMR about 10 times a year and I want to plan 2-3 Mammoth trips. I usually ski 2-3 days at a time. With the price of gas probably not going down much in the coming years or ever, I'd like to plan a trip with somebody on here if they're interested in the same type of trip as me.
CarPool and split cost of gas and hotel?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Gonna get better by the day.
Sweet corn by Monday I’m betting.
Good prediction MM. Monday came with a lot of corn snow. turning to some slush by 1pm to 2pm. Best to get out early. Ski hours are 7:30 to 2. Cornice, Daves, Climax, Scotties skied well. Didn't get to Wipeout or Dropout chutes but they had good cover. Maybe Wednesday. Road Runner was closed but not needed as ridge is holding good snow down to Scotties.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Yes, Road Runner was very thin when we took a run about 10 days ago. No surprise that it would be closed now.
They usually farm a narrow ribbon of snow on Road Runner (from somewhere far away !) to keep road runner open after snow on right exit fom chair 23 melts out.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
They usually farm a narrow ribbon of snow on Road Runner (from somewhere far away !) to keep road runner open after snow on right exit fom chair 23 melts out.
I regret not checking if Road runner was open last may. Ended up skiing down what had to be the rockiest experience I have ever had. Ended up with 3 core shots on one ski....but boy the snow on Scottys was perfect.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I regret not checking if Road runner was open last may. Ended up skiing down what had to be the rockiest experience I have ever had. Ended up with 3 core shots on one ski....but boy the snow on Scottys was perfect.

Road runner was definitely open last May - I did exactly the same thing you did, even removed skis and tried walking down - very scary, then discovered RR and all was right in the universe. Interesting that the ridge line is holding up so much better this year than last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online