• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We need a video and discussion of an on slope collision between two older folks wearing Skitalk speedos.

You could say their "egos" got in the way.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A complete 180 from yesterdays conditions at Palisades, Mammoth was full on slush city today. There is not a lot open, chair 23 was still going strong but the coverage everywhere else is quite thin. I respect that Mammoth is going for one last week but I’m not too sure it was the best move.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
What time did you start? It sounds like you need to be there before 8. After last evening rains, I had thin layer ice on my windshield a couple of miles N of Truckee that I had to scrape a little after 7 AM this morning.

Mammoth Patrol website says it did not get above freezing at top until 12:30 PM and it was just under 20 from 4:30-6 AM. Even Main Lodge had a low of 28 and was below freezing from midnight to 7 AM so it should have been a decent freeze. But the cloud cover also helped Palisades yesterday.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mammoth was full on slush city today. There is not a lot open, chair 23 was still going strong but the coverage everywhere else is quite thin. I respect that Mammoth is going for one last week but I’m not too sure it was the best move.
Hmmmm.... I was enjoying having the wind pin slow me down on the icy top portion of Cornice this morning. It was cold and windy and pretty crusty when I was skiing. It started to finally soften around 11ish when I took my last run and even Broadway was in good shape at that time.

But it is getting thin, difference even from Sunday to today.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking about making it up for a few more runs...but given the reporting from you all..I think I'm going to let it go. Make the last few turns for all of us so we can live vicariously through you!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was thinking about making it up for a few more runs...but given the reporting from you all..I think I'm going to let it go. Make the last few turns for all of us so we can live vicariously through you!
There is something to be said for ending on a high note.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Today was a lot better, I did start a bit earlier but the snow held up quite well, it’s definitely thin in a lot of areas. I hit a few rocks but nothing that destroyed my skis.
Chair 23 was skiing really good most of the day!
BA9E7FBC-9C09-42BD-8F38-6B5609CD8168.jpeg

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Facebook says this is where I was three years ago.
A day or two ago I shared only with my wife Facebook post that I made Memorial Day weekend 2017 when Mammoth was running (at least) chairs 4, 9, 10, 13, 14 and 17 along with the usual chairs and gondolas. We skied Sat and Sun and returned home via Monitor and Carson passes.
Mammoth2017.jpg
For more details/photos from 2017 see https://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/threads/mammoth-ca-5-27-2017.12435/ and https://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/threads/mammoth-may-28-31-2017.12433 Edit to add that posts say I skied Phillipe's, Hangman’s and Varmint’s Nest in 2017, all (except maybe Phillipe's) may have been for my first and only time. Mt Rose ran lifts Memorial Day 2017 weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online