• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A day or two ago I shared only with my wife Facebook post that I made Memorial Day weekend 2017 when Mammoth was running (at least) chairs 4, 9, 10, 13, 14 and 17 along with the usual chairs and gondolas. We skied Sat and Sun and returned home via Monitor and Carson passes.
That was a good one! Busy but tons open.

Chair 23 Memorial Saturday afternoon 2017
The late, great Benergizer…
4AD00A91-811E-4954-B0E3-A0DAB931736C.jpeg

…then “hike to” laps up Lincoln on Sunday
CF9DB11E-C723-46CA-A667-49CC3438D0BD.jpeg

for perfect corn runs in Avi chutes
4C3EA63C-C7C2-4D72-B5E1-CB77486B47FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A day or two ago I shared only with my wife Facebook post that I made Memorial Day weekend 2017 when Mammoth was running (at least) chairs 4, 9, 10, 13, 14 and 17 along with the usual chairs and gondolas. We skied Sat and Sun and returned home via Monitor and Carson passes.
View attachment 170427
For more details/photos from 2017 see https://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/threads/mammoth-ca-5-27-2017.12435/ and https://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/threads/mammoth-may-28-31-2017.12433
Skied Mammoth in mid-July that year for my first post-retirement Spring Pilgrimage - I should have started 30 years earlier!

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is something to be said for ending on a high note.
I agree..had a great weekend just a few weeks ago and some really good runs. Its sooo hard to let skiing go and have to think about it all summer...but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. When am I gonna start doing to South America in the summer????

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And btw..how great is it to have mountains like the Sierra's where you can ski damn near until 4th of July!?!?!? As a kid who grew up skiing in New England..this still blows my mind and I freaking love it!!!!!!! :golfclap: The offseason goes a lot faster when it doesn't start until June/July..

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And btw..how great is it to have mountains like the Sierra's where you can ski damn near until 4th of July!?!?!? As a kid who grew up skiing in New England..this still blows my mind and I freaking love it!!!!!!! :golfclap: The offseason goes a lot faster when it doesn't start until June/July..
So true

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Indeed. 2017 was the year that I broke my leg the first week of March and was back skiing in….July (not entirely what the doctor ordered, but I seem to be okay 5 years later…)

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Indeed. 2017 was the year that I broke my leg the first week of March and was back skiing in….July (not entirely what the doctor ordered, but I seem to be okay 5 years later…)
Ouch,
Mine was Jan 15 years ago. I was good and no skiing rest of year.
This year After pulled hamstring in March PT lady said no skiing.
But doctor was fine with skiing. (he was a staff doctor at Sugar Bowl aid room! )
Restarted carefully mid April. Now fully back to normal.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is why we seek multiple opinions. Then we can pick the one we like best ... the grown-up version of Ask Mom, then Ask Dad.
Mom said it’s ok with her if it’s ok with you…

May I please play that game?

First surgeon - ski next season

Second surgeon - never ski again

You know which one I want to pick.
I got a new doctor a few months ago… he recommended a plant based diet. I told him outright that I eat it all - pork, lamb, beef, fish, and fowl. In fact I had never met flesh I didn’t enjoy the taste of. He was fine with me switching doctors. I meet my new doctor in June. I can’t wait to see her reaction. I can only imagine what he wrote in my file!

I vote for surgeon number 1!

PupManS

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
PSA: more detailed report later but if you are thinking of skiing tomorrow do it. I’ve had later closing days at mammoth, I’ve had closing days with more coverage, but the clouds and breeze are keeping the snow this year the nicest I recall.

still great skiing off 23, the chutes are nicely covered with hero snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor