• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like Wednesday will be a little better, we will be down then.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any recon on conditions?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Dave’s was killer 2nd run, classic wind buff, the traverse out is brutal though. Skiers far left 3face was fun & deserted.
great for what it is . Early November skiing.
I got no legs left.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We ended up bailing today because we woke up to some emails and phone calls that needed to be addressed.
More season ahead. We'll see you all soon!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Wind may be an issue today

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wind may be an issue today
The wind is an issue here at our house in Reno.
Local news said that, even though we got a bunch of precipitation in the past few weeks, this wind could cause some significant fire danger.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
The wind is an issue here at our house in Reno.
Local news said that, even though we got a bunch of precipitation in the past few weeks, this wind could cause some significant fire danger.
One report I saw last night said 20-30
The next site said 80-100:geek:

turns out just a breeze, 50% crowd drop off
Very good day for early November

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Looking at web cams this Saturday 11/6 morning, although this last week has melted out lift base areas of of MR, KW, HV, snow at upper areas remain. Mammoth on the other hand has snow to the bottom and looks especially nice above mid mountain with even a groomed slot down Cornice Bowl one can watch skier come down live. BA at OpenSnow is still showing the Monday night storm will replenish 8k bases.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks promising for the PNW tonight and more in the Sierra to come.

I'm working at the shop today and am going prepared for precipitation and cooler temps when I leave tonight.

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Heading up to MM, tomorrow for 3 days... Looks like they've caught a few inches of 'Eastern Powder'... LOL!
It'll be fun to get back to 'Alpine', after almost 2 yrs off... Last year was totally devoted to XC, even taught myself and worked on 'Skating' - a huge bunch of fun! Looking forward to more this season!
But this is the perfect time to get the downhill legs back, work on technique and 'feel'. Groomers will be my friend. And given that The Gondie is spinning to the top, there seems to be a good selection of terrain... Certainly way more than the WROD of 1970's Killington... LOL!
If I carry my cell, I might even take a few pics...
Ski On
Yuri

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are headed up this weekend.

Thinking of doing a private lesson to start off the season. Does anyone have any recommendations for instructors?

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I'm planning to be there Wednesday (tomorrow) and Thursday. It sounds like storm was 'upside-down'. Hopefully it ended before it got wet.

I saw chairs 1, 3 and lower gondola are running today, but upper gondola was not as it's probably too windy or limited visibility.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Skied Mammoth today 930-330, shuttling from base of not running chair 2. They had 7-9” new yesterday when it was still storming (and may have ra—ed to the top) and had storm total of 9-11”. Upper gondola was a little late opening and Climax was open for first time this year AFAIK. Our run on the day was Dave’s which we repeated 4x and had great wind-packed powder. Random skier on Dave’s.
D5A50464-8FA9-4979-B683-D44C158B5EAD.jpeg After lunch, we skied Drop Out 1 and 3 and Wipe Out 1, entering from 2 to avoid rocks at top. All had good snow, but it was a lot of tough skiing for my first day of the season. Will wear less clothes tomorrow as I was too warm all day even after removing vest and only wearing shell jacket.

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the updates @Tony this weekend is supposed to be warm, so we'll see how the snow fares.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I are considering a day trip tomorrow, Friday.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Phil and I are considering a day trip tomorrow, Friday.
We'll be driving up tomorrow afternoon afternoon, so will juuuusst miss you!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug and I will be at Mammoth mid morning and plan on bringing a bottle of bubbly, toasting to the 6th anniversary of SkiTalk.com
If anyone wants to join us we'll be at the top by the Totem Pole at 1:00 to celebrate. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug and I will be at Mammoth mid morning and plan on bringing a bottle of bubbly, toasting to the 6th anniversary of SkiTalk.com
If anyone wants to join us we'll be at the top by the Totem Pole at 1:00 to celebrate. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome!
Let's see... if I start driving right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online