• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was really hoping that this heatwave would end before this weekend, but doesn’t look like it will. Still looking forward to skiing at Snowshoe for a few days starting Sunday. Forecasts are showing colder weather but who knows.....

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Someplace in Alaska hit 67 today... 20 degrees above their previous record high for this day. Ride the bike for an hour today. REALLY good riding weather.
Alaska at 67 is scary. Climate change is hitting arctic regions harder. i’ve had some good bike rides, and runs, too, here. But I’d really like 4 seasons, please, as I can ride my bike and go for runs during the other 3.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Looks like the next good snow making window will be Sunday night through Monday. Planning a day trip up (Sugar, Beech, Appalachian, Wintergreen) with the college kid Tuesday. Where ya'll gonna be at?

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like the next good snow making window will be Sunday night through Monday. Planning a day trip up (Sugar, Beech, Appalachian, Wintergreen) with the college kid Tuesday. Where ya'll gonna be at?
Happy New Years everyone.
We’ll be skiing at Snowshoe from Sunday to Wednesday

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yikes, Beech is the place with the most terrain open and it's like this:-(

1641065508354.png

Beginner area
1641065556485.png

Sugar :-(
1641065678184.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Come on SNOW MISER! Make it happen tomorrow night through Tuesday morning please!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
For day trippers at snowshoe, do you need to boot up at the car? Or is there a lodge with lockers?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
For day trippers at snowshoe, do you need to boot up at the car? Or is there a lodge with lockers?
@wgo probably has that intel, but what I've seen at other places is lodge fully open with signs saying masks required but nobody, not even the staff wearing masks inside.. Proceed indoors to sit in a locker room booting up at your own risk.

I'll be booting up at the car Tuesday (wherever we end up) and only going in to quickly use the bathrooms.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Even pre-covid whenever I day tripped to SS I always booted up in the car. I *think* I recall seeing lockers in the Top of the World building.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Wintergreen and all the NC resorts are all officially "Temporarily Closed". Never seen that in January. Fingers crossed that we can get up and running somewhere by Tuesday or Wednesday. If not, next weekend. but I'm off til Thursday so Tuesday would be ideal.. On the bright side 6"+ of natural is forecast there tomorrow night-Tuesday morning. We're certainly going to be ready to roll Tuesday morning if the rope drops. Rock skis FTW!

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Massanutten could see a lot from this storm - too bad it is also temporarily closed, I am off on Monday.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My best guess is that most will have a WROD or 3 open Tuesday with 6"+ of natural and all guns full blast tomorrow, Wednesday if the natural assist doesn't pan out. Could easily be over a foot of natural up high. But, that's not really skiable without any base at all under it... and they'll definitely roller it down to packed base immediately. There will be no powder skiing from this cycle down here beyond what's falling while actually open and skiing... and rocks and stumps and brush under that so stuff without a little thin base will be closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online